Tier One Technical Support Engineer
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Services & Support – Customer Support
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
First line support to the company’s end customers. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual to learn a lot within an tech growing company, use and improve their current level of skill and experience in an Advanced Technical Support environment. This will be accomplished by providing a differentiated, world-class customer experience and top level technical support for our product, from first-level troubleshooting to training to enable self-service. Customers request assistance via many channels including, phone, email, and customers portal.
You have a passion for solving problems and helping our customers. You must be able to quickly get to the root of customer problems by gathering all the necessary information, investigation and either resolve the customer’s issue or redirect/escalate to the correct tier within the organization. Customer experience is key and therefore being able to work to SLA's and keeping departmental and personal KPI's in mind is imperative.
- Answer support queries via phone, email, and tickets logged on the customers portal
- Log customer requests and incidents
- Diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria and where possible resolving at first call
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems following criteria for first line fix
- Carrying out screen-sharing to help customers get set up and operational
- Provide application and support to our growing client base from 8x8's own products
- Empowering customers by promoting Knowledge base and self service
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles working alongside internal teams
- Work with senior engineers on escalated tickets
- Log and escalate calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Capture, structure, reuse, and improve knowledge articles within the case resolution workflow according to Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) methodology
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills, customising your interaction to the individual customer personalities and contexts
- Enthusiastic and a great attitude towards learning
- Able to work with non-technical customers and technical customers alike
- Able to work to targets (SLA’s)
- Familiar with Salesforce Service Cloud or similar CRM systems, Knowledge Base systems, and Customer portals for case management
- Basic understanding of VoIP technologies, networking and telecommunications, IP telephony
- A high standard of written and spoken English and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
Week 1 - 08:00 - 16:30
Week 2 - 09:00 - 17:30
Week 3 - 10:00 - 18:30
Week 4 - 12:00 - 20:30
On call 1 week in 9, at an over time
· You will be part of a great successful global team/company (UK, US, Romania, Australia, New Zealand etc.).
· We offer competitive salary
· Exceptional Employee Benefits including great pension scheme, ESPP, holiday, private healthcare etc.
· Induction (FastStart) conducted in our Cluj (Romania) or San Jose (US) offices
· Company events (Summer party, Christmas party)
· As a high-growth, compact-outfit, your performance is visible to executive level. We are on the lookout for the high-performers that will drive us to our goals.
· We look for people with great ideas, which can be implemented and put in place, to improve and speed up our processes. We do listen and make things happen!
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.