UX Design Manager
Technology – UX Design & Research
At 98point6, our mission is bringing technology and medicine together to reinvent healthcare. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams, work across disciplines and encounter and conquer many challenges. Each day you’ll be working towards profoundly transforming primary care.
Your role and impact
98point6 is looking for a seasoned UX Design Manager with experience in ambiguous spaces; someone who can lead a team to solve for problem spaces with short-term constraints while keeping one eye on potential user experiences years into the future. We’re immersed in automation challenges unlike any ever tackled in the healthcare industry.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of UX Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualizes the larger vision over time
- Build strong relationships with leaders within product teams and across the organization- including Research, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales- to champion user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive and well-informed
- Contribute to an evolving understanding of how we work to obtain successful outcomes within a rapidly moving environment
- Foster 98point6’s core values and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence
- Impart day-to-day design leadership that supports a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, business and engineering
- 10+ years of experience in UX Design (required)
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading design teams (required)
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field (HCI, communication design, interaction design, etc.) or equivalent practical experience (required)
- Experience as a design team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker and visionary—with strong instincts and outstanding intuition
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences and levels of the organization
- Intrinsically understand the differences between output and outcomes, and how designers need to approach their work accordingly
- Committed to nurturing a design culture that values movement over paralysis, data over deliverables, and subtraction over addition to set the tone for how UX Design impacts users and efficacy of the business
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.