Infrastructure Engineering Team Lead
In the street, at work, by Taxi or Pop, as a driver or passenger, we are the starting point for thousands of people every day and we also want to be part of their professional path. 99's mission is to revolutionize urban mobility and transform the life of people. We are a Brazilian startup founded in 2012 and five years later became the first Brazilian unicorn (startups that are valued at one billion dollars). Now, 99 is part of Didi Chuxing, the world's largest application-driven transport platform.
Diversity goes beyond ethnic, physical, sexual, sensory and gender differences! Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive environment by focusing on high performance and valuing diversity in our work environment. We respect and value the differences!
Come and be part of a diverse environment where your ideas and opinions will always be heard. Inclusion and diversity are in our recruitment principles!
This position is open to application for people with disabilities (PCD)
• Lead a team of Software / Systems Engineers on projects used and enjoyed by billions of users worldwide
• Own end-to-end availability and performance of services
• Engage in and improve the entire lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your team and your technical execution.
• B.S. in computer science or related technical field and 5+ years related experience.
• Experience in software development in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Go and/or Perl, Python, Ruby or Shell.
• Experience managing an engineering team on large-scale projects with technical deep-dives into code, networking and/or operating systems.
• Fluent in spoken English
• A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.