Head of Sales and Business Development
9GAG was founded in 2008 as a place for fun, conversation, and connection.
Our mission is to make the world happier. We strive to connect people with laughter across borders, cultures, and languages.
Today 9GAG is a leading content platform that is one of the top 200 websites in the world. We have a global audience of 150 million users and 80 million followers across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
9GAG is backed by top institutional and angel investors.
Institutional investors: 500 Startups, First Round Capital, Freestyle Capital, Greycroft Partners, True Ventures, Y Combinator.
Angel investors: Anthony Soohoo, Benjamin Ling, BoxGroup, Gary Vaynerchuk, James Hong, Kevin Rose, Karl Jacob, Lowercase Capital, Maneesh Arora, Naval Ravikant, Othman Laraki, Philip Kaplan, Rich Chen, Rich Lefurgy, Scott and Cyan Banister, Tim Ferriss
In view of our strong growth momentum in the US market, we are setting up our first international office in New York City.
- Drive revenue growth for 9GAG
- Build and grow a successful sales team responsible for exceeding sales goals
- Drive the team towards short and long-term goals, ensuring the right people and processes are in place
- Define and drive sales strategy for growing our client base in the US, including developing partnership, refining our value proposition, and raising our profile in the market
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients, partners, as well as other media and advertising organizations
- Develop metrics to measure and optimize client satisfaction and returns
- Build sales playbook that will be used to scale globally and train our growing team
- Work closely with Product Management to identify and translate market patterns into actionable product insights
- Wear multiple hats: sales manager, lead generation, sales rep, and account manager
- 10+ years experience and proven impact working in advertising, digital media, or related fields
- Strong connections with key advertisers in millennials and entertainment related categories
- Proven ability in leading high performance teams and delivering successful business results
- Strong use of insights and data-informed decision making to inform the sales process
- Agile problem solver with high change tolerance, and ability to manage many tasks in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated ability to simplify the complex and write persuasive perspectives
- Understanding of modern pop culture and internet culture
- Experience building and establishing sales teams preferred
- Passion for content and 9GAG!
At 9GAG, we value H2O: HUSTLE to go all-in to achieve the goal at hand, HUMBLE to embrace the better ideas of others, OPEN to welcome differences and possibilities. We believe a great workplace combines great colleagues and hard problems.
We are hungry for high performance people who share our values to join us to make big global impact.