9GAG is looking for the best-someone who's experienced, creative, ambitious, smart, effective and self-directed with a great sense of humor to join the Community Team.
Your primary focus will be content curation and development of activation programs for young people from around the world on the 9GAG platforms (including 9gag.com, our FB, IG and TW pages ). Candidates must have a natural obsession about social media, millennial communities and pop cultures and an almost freakish understanding of how young people are using technology to support their interests. In short, a keen and curious mind to learn new skills and explore the unknown.
- Strategy planning: Identify and surface trends, events, and people within 9GAG teen communities; To assist team lead on content planning and oversee execution of content strategies around company's vision; Monitor and analyze content performance, traffic patterns and trends to identify actionable insights.
- Editorial operations: Monitor and curate new items that engage the millennial community of 9GAG ; Conceptualise ways to engage millennials; Edit copy and break stories; Assist in day-to-day projects relating to teen community members; Be a tireless watchdog for quality, accuracy and timeline.
- Communication: Serve as liaison to other functional teams, e.g. Product, Engineering, Sales, etc.
- Team development: Identify staffing needs and management structure for a growing team; develop editorial talent by providing meaningful feedback and creating opportunities for growth and achievement.
- Other management duties: Review performance; research best practices, new technologies and ideas for improvements, etc.
- Obsess with the millennials communities on 9GAG, across the internet and social media
- Good judgment as to what engages the millennials in digital and social media
- Good English writing skills and excellent use of social media
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Comfortable in a deadline-sensitive, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Open minded and die-hard positive
- Hard working
Found in 2008, 9GAG's mission is to make the world happier.
9GAG’s global headquarter is in Hong Kong. We are backed by: Freestyle Capital, True Ventures, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners, 500 Startups, Y Combinator and other prestigious angel investors in the United States.
At 9GAG, we value H2O: Humble to embrace the better ideas of others, Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal at hand, Open to welcome differences and possibilities. We believe a great workplace combines great colleagues and hard problems.
We are hungry for high performance people who share our values to join us to make big global impact.