Business Intelligence / Data Analyst
9GAG is seeking a right-brained analyst to join our product team, reporting into our Head of Product.
The position will focus on analysis of our enormous big data set and to set strategic recommendations for product development and sales strategies. It will also require cross-functional coordination across different stakeholders, namely product, sales, data scientist and engineers.
The successful candidate will combine strategic planning, financial analysis, and decision-making with deep data analytics and insights. The ideal candidate should be passionate about 9GAG, have a demonstrated interest in data and technology, being able to work independently, and be highly analytical.
This role will challenge the candidate to understand and contribute to many facets of marketing and business strategy, including product analytics, market opportunity, data management, and reporting.
- Maintain/create core reporting and analytics infrastructure and models while proactively surfacing opportunities
- Autonomously handle ad-hoc requests from the business
- Analyze current business performance and build statistical models to extrapolate current and historical trends into forward-looking forecasts
- Provide deep analytic support and business context to identify and drive critical growth initiatives, from product features to revenue model
- Conduct revenue analysis to identify trends and factors of growth
- Demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
- Monitor forecasts and benchmark performance while understanding the sources of deviation
- Analyze large datasets and partner with Product, Engineering, and Business teams to interpret findings and identify actionable insights and opportunities
- BS or MS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in business strategy, finance, analytics or planning experience required
- Experience in investment banking/finance/e-commerce or strategy consulting with a focus on technology and/or media is highly desirable
- Latent interest and passion on social media platforms and product trends
- Fluency in SQL, R or other programming languages, Excel, and statistical data analysis.
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting and understand key financial drivers of the business
- Ability to design, lead and execute analysis and effectively communicate insights
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Highly motivated, and able to think clearly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Found in 2008, 9GAG's mission is to make the world happier.
9GAG’s global headquarter is in Hong Kong. We are backed by: Freestyle Capital, True Ventures, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners, 500 Startups, Y Combinator and other prestigious angel investors in the United States.
At 9GAG, we value H2O: Humbleness to embrace the better ideas of others, Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal at hand, Openness to welcome differences and possibilities. We believe a great workplace combines great colleagues and hard problems.
We are hungry for high performance people who share our values to join us to make big global impact.