Service Engineer (DevOps / Systems Architect)
You will help design, build and monitor our applications and systems infrastructure that handles billions of page views monthly. You believe in “infrastructure as code”, and have a deep understanding of the software services running on the boxes (nginx, mysql, clustering etc). You love building and running massively scalable production systems. You get excited about reacting to a problem to find a solution to improve systems stability and performance.
As a member of the 9GAG engineering team, you will have the opportunity to tackle the technical challenges of truly big scale products. The successful candidates must consistently deliver high quality applications, understand the Internet trend, have good communications skills and problem-solving skills. You would enjoy the excitement working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Collaborate with functional teams to design and build highly-available and scalable SOA systems
- Build and maintain web-based shared services which serve other applications and also end-users
- Facilitate the development and deployment of new features through automations
- Monitor and react promptly to system issues (on-call rotation required)
- Live our values - H2O: Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal, work hard and work smart; Humble to embrace the better ideas of others; Open to welcome differences and possibilities.
- Relevant degree and 3+ years professional experience in hands-on solution architecture, system administration and large scale SOA systems
- Solid experience with Linux or other UNIX variants.
- Experience with Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Familiar with Open sources platforms and software (Nginx, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, Elasticsearch RabbitMQ, etc).
- Experience with configuration management systems such as bcfg2, chef, puppet is preferred
- Experience with container technology is preferred (e.g. docker)
- Must be able to work independently, experience working in an agile team is preferred.
- Passion with latest bleeding-edge technologies
- Contributions to open source projects
- Active user of 9GAG
9GAG is a place for fun, conversation and connection. Founded in 2008, 9GAG’s mission is to make the world happier. With millions of monthly users, 9GAG is a global top 200 website. 9GAG also has over 80 million followers across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
9GAG’s global headquarter is in Hong Kong. We are backed by: Freestyle Capital, True Ventures, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners, 500 Startups, Y Combinator and a group of great angel investors in the United States.
At 9GAG, we value H2O: Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal at hand, Humble to embrace the better ideas of others, Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal at hand, Open to welcome differences and possibilities. We believe a great workplace combines great colleagues and hard problems.
We are hungry for high performance people who share our values to join us to make big global impact.