As a Data Scientist at 9GAG you will have an amazing opportunity to provide moments of happiness to tens of millions of users, every single day. We have terabytes of behavioral, textual, visual and unstructured data from billions of interactions with our global user base. You’ll leverage this data to find creative solutions to solving our user’s problems.
We’re looking for a “full-stack” Data Scientist that understands that the data lifecycle isn’t just building models. You’ll often have to wrangle the data from its source, build your models and also figure out how best to serve the model to have the most impact. You’re able to explain technical findings to the entire company and implement your machine learning models in production.
We’re a small team that’s just starting out to handle really big data. We’re building our data processing platform using the latest in open source technology, like Apache Spark. You’re comfortable being thrown into the deep end and learning new skills using the latest in open source.
- Apply machine learning, data mining and statistics to surface valuable insights in our dataset.
- Identify and execute on high impact projects. Projects can range from developing customer retention models or developing a recommendation engine.
- Be a champion for high quality data-driven decision-making throughout the company by helping other teams develop good metrics and their own data analysis skills.
- Real-world experience of building and/or maintaining Machine Learning models.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Solid understanding of statistics, machine learning or artificial intelligence.
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Scala) and a SQL dialect. Most importantly, you have the desire to use Scala and Spark.
- Strong communication skills. You are able to communicate ideas and conclusions clearly to team members across the organization, technical and nontechnical alike.
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors.
- No haters!
- Expertise in machine vision, natural language processing or deep learning
- Active user of 9GAG
Found in 2008, 9GAG's mission is to make the world happier.
9GAG’s global headquarter is in Hong Kong. We are backed by: Freestyle Capital, True Ventures, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners, 500 Startups, Y Combinator and other prestigious angel investors in the United States.
At 9GAG, we value H2O: Humble to embrace the better ideas of others, Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal at hand, Open to welcome differences and possibilities. We believe a great workplace combines great colleagues and hard problems.
We are hungry for high performance people who share our values to join us to make big global impact.