Engineering Manager @ Meeno
San Francisco Bay Area
AI Fund – Meeno /
Meeno is a relationship mentoring app powered by generative AI.
Meeno’s mission is to help people master the skill of social connection. Our mobile app harnesses cutting-edge AI/ML to enhance all relationships: from friends to romance, from family to work.
Meeno is founded by former Tinder CEO, Renate Nyborg. It is financially backed by Sequoia, Andrew Ng’s AI Fund and NEA. Andrew Ng is on Meeno’s Board of Directors.
After launching our App Store Pre-Orderwe are seeking an ambitious and mission-driven Engineering Manager, to mentor and recruit a talented engineering team across AI/ML, front-end (iOS focus) and back-end. The current team has worked at Instagram, Mya, Duolingo, Uber and more.
Meeno is a vertical stack product powered by Large Language Models (LLMs). It provides personalized guidance for people seeking to enhance their personal and professional relationships. We believe in the power of AI to help people nurture social connection, and combat the loneliness epidemic that affects more than 50% of the US population. This role reports to Meeno’s founder and CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit and mentor a team of talented engineers and contractors, fostering a collaborative and innovative working environment
- Set clear objectives, provide constructive feedback to ensure the team's success and growth
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the engineering teamParticipate in technical discussions, offer expertise in architecture, design, and implementation, and contribute to overall product strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define project scopes, requirements, and timelinesAllocate resources effectively and prioritize tasks to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products
- Continuously assess and enhance engineering processes to improve efficiency, productivity, and product quality
- Identify bottlenecks and implement strategies to optimize workflow and streamline development cycles
- Foster open communication within the engineering team and across the organization, ensuring transparency, alignment, and effective information flow
What you’ll bring:
- You’re an engineering black belt
- Extensive experience in software engineering with a strong foundation in iOS development, Backend or Machine Learning
- You know who to call. A strong network of engineers across all disciplines, primarily in the Bay Area, and a proven ability to hire, develop and retain top talent
- Proven 0-1 experience. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and adapt to evolving priorities and challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, including X functional teams and investors
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to work with other leaders to achieve common goals
- Proficiency in project planning, execution, and resource allocation, ensuring successful delivery of projects within defined timelines and scopes
- Self starter who is capable of aligning engineering efforts with company goals
Meeno is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.