Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Deeplearning AI – Marketing /
Full time /
Want to use your marketing skills to make an impact? AI is the new electricity. Millions of AI engineers are needed to transform industries with artificial intelligence, and we’re building an education platform to train them. DeepLearning.AI provides a world-class education to people around the globe so that we can all benefit from an AI-powered future. We’re a small tech company with serious credentials, exciting marketing challenges, and wonderful teammates.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who can bring our products to life and speak to our audience of developers, engineers, and learners looking to get started in the field of AI and machine learning. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who can work collaboratively and independently to execute new ideas and projects, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for AI and/or education.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing. We are open to remote workers within 3 time zones of California (PDT / GMT -7).
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Speak to our audience of mainly developers and engineers with technical accuracy and messaging that represents our brand and connects with target audiences.
- Ship regularly. This position will largely focus on the short courses that teach the cutting-edge field of generative AI on a regular basis (currently weekly or bi-weekly).
- Create go-to-market strategies and campaigns for new and existing products, and carry out the execution of them.
- Maintain and elevate the product voice and identity across channels and campaigns.
- Responsible for product positioning, creative ideation, copywriting, product narrative, and creating product and marketing assets in collaboration with the marketing team, including design and web development.
- Work closely with Digital, Community, Editorial, and Event marketing leads on marketing strategy.
- Champion our end users and act as the internal expert regarding their preferences, pain points, and motivators.
- Responsible for managing and growing our beta tester community and conducting user tests and feedback sessions (focus groups, 1:1 interviews, running surveys, etc.) to generate business and marketing insights.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams and industry and educational partners.
- Act as the de facto program manager and coordinate between internal stakeholders and external partners to design and lead multi-channel, integrated marketing projects end-to-end.
- Support and assist other teammates’ marketing initiatives, including newsletter and event campaigns.
- There will also be opportunities to work directly with the Founder (Andrew Ng) and other industry experts to craft marketing materials.
Here are the skills you should have:
- 4 to 6 years of experience in product marketing, ideally at a fast-paced technology company.
- Experience with marketing technical products, content, or online education.
- Experience with coding, or a basic understanding and knowledge of Python is strongly preferred.
- Experience marketing to technical or developer audiences.
- Exceptional writing ability, with an eye for non-clichéd storytelling and persuasive calls to action.
- Proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Experience managing an editorial calendar and consistent publishing process.
- Proven experience managing product launches end-to-end.
- Experience working with technology products, especially AI or other emerging technology, is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with technical, analytical, and creative teams.
- Appetite for generating original, creative ideas and openness to new thinking.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with AI, online training, and education.
- Startup experience wearing multiple hats within the marketing department.
What you get working with us:
- Being part of a world-class team trying to change the world.
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Ability to learn from several marketing subject matter experts.
- A culture of lifelong learning is supported with a monthly stipend for professional development.
- The opportunity to be exceptionally creative with your high-impact ideas.
We hope you will fit our team’s culture well:
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to help individuals lead more satisfying lives and improve the world at large, and consequently, work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Team oriented. We watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks like scheduling to high-level recruiting strategy.
- DeepLearning.AI offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, flexible PTO, and much more.
At DeepLearning.AI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. DeepLearning.AI believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.