VP of Security
Manchester, NH /
About Alumni Ventures
AV's purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures (AV) is growing rapidly, with 150+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AV provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AV offers dozens of distinct funds, including Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of many top universities nationwide, Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors, and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $800 million and has invested in over 800 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 600,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AV typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
About This Role
Alumni Ventures is looking for a leader who will maintain system security, as well as develop capabilities to detect and measure information security threats. While a significant portion of this role will be dedicated to information technology, this individual will work on data privacy matters as well as security within our finance, facilities, legal and compliance departments. This individual will work closely with senior management to develop new security and privacy processes, as well drive adoption of these processes within the organization. This position will report directly to the President & COO and is based in AV’s Manchester, NH headquarters.
- Collaborate on the strategy, development and deployment of a comprehensive security operations program that aligns with AV’s organizational and operational risk profile
- Support the documentation of Information Security Policies and Business Continuity planning
- Utilize a variety of tools to detect, analyze, and alert appropriate parties about adverse conditions that may impact the security and continuity of the firm
- Actively monitor multiple systems and sources to detect potential threats and anomalies
- Monitor the security and cyber-behavior of employees
- Act as a first responder to concerns as they pertain to cyber security
- Play an integral part in the development, implementation, and compliance of technical security across the enterprise
- Perform focused risks assessments of existing or new services and technologies
- Influence the overall direction for securing infrastructure and applications for the firm
- Identify and implement appropriate controls to effectively manage information risks as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve risk posture, developing solutions for remediating or mitigating risks and assessing the residual risk
- You will develop, manage and roll out privacy and security process in order to protect sensitive data in compliance with appropriate regulations
- Work closely with stakeholders to update privacy policies
- Perform annual risk assessments
- Ensure adherence to policies by all staff with access to sensitive data
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in IT, including significant experience in a management or leadership position
- 5+ years of experience in security
- Track record of designing and implementing and support security programs and processes that are able to adapt to support company culture and stakeholder goals
- Experience within the financial services industry
- Experience with risk advisory and senior management communication, metrics, collaboration to drive risk based results
- Experience documenting, project management, written analysis for Information Security risk assessments
- Experience in an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and/or assessing controls within a Technology and/or Financial Services firm
- Experience with information security management frameworks
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.