Email and Web Content Manager
Greater Boston /
About Alumni Ventures
AV's purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures (AV) is growing rapidly, with 150+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AV provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AV offers dozens of distinct funds, including Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of many top universities nationwide, Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors, and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $800 million and has invested in over 800 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 600,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AV typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
About This Role
The goal of marketing at AV is to generate new retail investors (customers) for our dozens of venture capital funds. Our digitally-led marketing strategy is a mix of B2C and B2B disciplines, including paid and organic social, paid search, media partnerships, lead generation, landing pages, email marketing, lead nurture, and more.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Nurture and Web, the Email and Web Content Manager will deliver a consistent and world-class brand experience by serving as custodian to a large array of automated nurture emails, workflows, and public website pages. You’ll leverage your impeccable attention to detail as you continuously manage a set of regularly occurring updates, copy edits, and changes including dates, product names, and other details required to deliver the absolute highest degree of accuracy in our content for prospects and customers.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the tactics and triggers to deliver the desired outcome of various types of emails and the function it serves in the overall prospect/customer funnel.
- Continuously audit and proof a complex set of automated nurture email content.
- Display an intimate working knowledge of the key details of a large library of emails.
- Maintain a calendar and execute regularly scheduled edits needed across email workflows.
- Rapidly execute updates and perform edits to automated emails as ad-hoc changes are needed.
- Put to use knowledge of email analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Publish website content including copy updates, video updates, and other changes as needed.
- Utilize knowledge of SEO best practices in consistently refining website content, tagging, and other aspects of search.
- Work cross-functionally with writers, graphic designers, and communications to ensure a cross-platform content strategy.
- Education. Bachelor’s degree. Marketing, media, communications or related field preferred.
- Experience. 5-7 years managing web and email content.
- Creative. 5+ years maintaining high-performing nurture email copy.
- Entrepreneurial DNA. Thrives in fast-paced environments and has the ability to both lead advertising strategy and execute campaigns individually.
- Teamwork. Team player able to get along with a variety of personalities and across disciplines including marketing, creative, management, legal, and others.
- Technology. An aptitude for using marketing technology to deliver a superior and successful digital marketing strategy into the market.
- 5+ years using a marketing automation platform (HubSpot or similar equivalent preferred) to maintain, send, schedule, create complex workflows, report, and use advanced functions as part of an overall digital marketing approach
- 5+ years using WordPress for website and page maintenance (coding not required).
- 5+ years utilizing search engine optimization concepts including backlinks, domain authority, title/meta/other tagging, and use of Google Search Console.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage many email campaigns simultaneously and without error.
- Highly proficient at creating and optimizing email campaigns and web pages.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities, with specific demonstrated experience maintaining digital email and web copy.
- User-centric. Highly creative with experience in delivering compelling email and web content for target audiences.
- 2+ years marketing in the investment, financial services, or consumer goods and services industries preferred.
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems (CMS).
- Experience with interacting with sales teams and use of CRM (customer relationship management) systems.
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.