Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Manchester, NH /
About Alumni Ventures
AV's purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures (AV) is growing rapidly, with 150+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AV provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AV offers dozens of distinct funds, including Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of many top universities nationwide, Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors, and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $800 million and has invested in over 800 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 600,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AV typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
About This Role
At Alumni Ventures customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve customer experience we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. This individual will play an active part in architecture and software development activities. This includes being responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Identifying technical problems and develop / deploy software updates and ‘fixes’
- Work with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Plan out projects and get involved in project management decisions
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Translates loosely defined requirements from stakeholders into working projects with developers
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Test and examine code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Investigate and resolve technical issues and provide Level 2 technical support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience in architecture and tackling security related projects
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with AWS and serverless
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and civil engineering
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.