Finance Operations Specialist
Manchester, NH /
Accounting and Finance /
About Alumni Ventures
AV's purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures (AV) is growing rapidly, with 150+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AV provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AV offers dozens of distinct funds, including Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of many top universities nationwide, Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors, and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $800 million and has invested in over 800 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 600,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AV typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
About This Role
The Finance Operations Specialist is responsible for the administration, documentation and confirmation of the AV funds’ carried interest program. Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the Specialist will work closely with the Office of Investing, Fund Accounting, and other departments to ensure the smooth management of the firm’s investment compensation program. The Specialist will develop knowledge of AV’s fund structure and its carried interest approach. The Specialist will also assist with other Finance department client services related projects.
- Responsible for the administration and documentation of AV’s carried interest activity across all funds
- Responsible for generating individual letters accurately depicting carried interest award percentages based on Office of Investing’s approved documentation
- Review and verify accuracy of proposed payout based on final documented carry memo
- Work closely with People & Culture team to coordinate off-cycle bonus payroll runs associated with carry distributions and serve as back up for administrative execution of profits interest grants
- Maintain current contact list for carry participants, especially related to updates received from individuals who were not originally or who are no longer employees
- Bachelor's degree
- Relevant professional experience in accounting, finance, or related role
- High level of numeracy
- Excellent communication and time management skills, with a high level of organizational ability
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow up in a timely manner
- Strong Excel skills
- Project management knowledge
- Possess troubleshooting, problem-solving, and creative/innovative thought processing skills
- Ability to document and implement processes and procedures
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Familiarity with Carried Interest, Deferred and Equity Compensation
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.