Senior Talent Partner
Manchester, NH /
People & Culture /
About Alumni Ventures
AV's purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures (AV) is growing rapidly, with 150+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AV provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AV offers dozens of distinct funds, including Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of many top universities nationwide, Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors, and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $800 million and has invested in over 800 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 600,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AV typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
About This Role
As Alumni Ventures continues to grow, we are further developing our organizational capacity and capability, including our People and Culture Team. Our Senior Talent Partner will work to further enhance AV’s talent acquisition capabilities with a specific focus on sourcing, interview process management and process improvement. As Senior Talent Partner, this individual will work closely with the entire People & Culture team and leaders across Alumni Ventures.
Success in this role will result in improved recruitment process compliance and candidate experience, decreased time to hire, and streamlined onboarding planning and coordination. Additionally, this individual will work across AV’s People and Culture team to drive high-level measurable goals that support AV’s business strategy and objectives.
- Execute and support full-life cycle recruitment of top talent across a variety of levels and functions
- Directly source passive and active talent for requisitions across all levels and functions at AV
- Draft, review and edit and post job descriptions to ensure the formatting of all job descriptions is consistent and aligned with AV’s Talent Management processes
- Develop, disseminate, collect and analyze scorecards for all requisitions
- Help develop, implement and manage new strategies to improve talent acquisition processes and candidate experience
- Support the development of effective next-level interview practices at AV to build and introduce behavioral interviewing, scorecard use, assessments and other interview activities
- Hold discovery and networking conversations to educate prospects and candidates on AV and current or future professional opportunities
- Conduct initial meetings to qualify candidates for work eligibility, general availability, required skills, competencies and experiences and other specific qualifications dependent upon the requisition
- Schedule interviews and informational conversations with fellow members of AV’s People team and hiring managers from AV’s various business units as required per requisition
- Support scheduling and coordination for People team and Talent related events, including but not limited to hiring discussions, interviewing, on-boarding, training, and professional development opportunities
- Develop and facilitate reporting processes around desired metrics and outputs for AV’s recruiting, on-boarding and training programs
- As a member of the people team, provide operational support for the development, management, and measurement of new processes related to AV’s People Strategy and Talent Management program
- Support fellow members of AV’s People team in facilitating all other matters related to employees and the improvement of the larger AV culture
- Serve as an exceptional teammate and partner to all employees throughout AV
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3-7+ years of relevant professional experience in talent acquisition
- Experience recruiting for high-growth startups across a variety of disciplines preferred
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility and partner collaboratively with business partners to achieve goals while honoring existing frameworks and requirements
- Experienced with behavioral interviewing methods
- Effective organizational skills supporting your ability to manage and drive processes involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interviewing skills; specifically, you have the capability to draw out candidates’ motivations, identify and address concerns, overcome challenges and deliver assessments of fit for role and team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that allow you to deliver a variety of messages as needed for effective recruitment marketing, process management and interviewing
- Ability to generate buy-in while remaining capable of ensuring compliance and following established practices
- Critical thinking abilities, supporting a forward-thinking approach to your work and allowing you to anticipate, prepare for and communicate on potential obstacles
- Analytical and reporting skills that you can leverage to help AV leverage data to improve and enhance recruiting and talent programming and processes
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.