Portfolio Services Platform (“CEO Services”) Associate
New York, NY /
Office of Investing /
About Alumni Ventures
Alumni Ventures (AV) is a fast-growing, network-powered venture capital firm disrupting the VC industry. We are democratizing venture investing by allowing individuals the opportunity to invest into previously inaccessible startups.
We believe in growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by our mission, we are growing rapidly, with over 180 employees and 20 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $900MM to date from thousands of investors and is the third most active VC in the world (Pitchbook 2021) with over 900 portfolio companies. We recently won several awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 (Financial Services) and Bezinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. AV invests alongside well-known lead investors such as Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins and Bessemer.
About This Role
AV is looking for a smart and driven associate to join our CEO Services team, AV’s portfolio services platform. We are the CEOs’ partners helping them grow their businesses. We interact with incredible entrepreneurs every day, often face-to-face (over video), learning about their vision and growth strategies, but also their pain points and personal journey.
The CEO Services associate will be working with the team to leverage our broad community of investors, experts and university alumni to support our CEOs’ goals. The associate will be reaching out to senior executives and advisors in our network to make introductions, helping to produce and publish written and video media content and organizing events for CEOs to meet and support each other. As part of AV’s culture the associate will also support innovation and continuous improvement, process automation and lead product management.
- Meet and onboard new AV CEOs and work directly with them and their executive teams to help grow their companies
- Develop an understanding of our community (e.g., Fortune 500 executives, Expert Network, job seekers, etc), network with members and identify relevant leads to help our CEOs with their needs
- Work closely with our investment team and lead the day-to-day processes that drive value from AV’s community to our portfolio companies
- Find and refer talent from within AV’s network of university relationships, job-seekers, and first-degree connections
- Manage the production of short-form CEO videos, the amplification of social media messages and other marketing tools
- Organize and attend events for CEOs to socialize and support each other
- Conduct investor and sales pitch sessions with a panel of investment team members and experts of our community
- Initiate and contribute to process improvements related to streamlining and scaling the department’s activities
- Communicate proactively and contribute to AV’s iterative and collaborative work culture by sharing successes and supporting departmental goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience in business development, B2B sales, account or wealth management, community management, customer service, talent recruiting or similar -- ideally within the startup space or specific experience acquiring enterprise customers
- Has the experience and ability to bring business to and help grow AV’s network and Investment Team capabilities
- Strong communications & professional customer service skills
- Good executive presence
- Effective networking skills and broad and deep existing network
- Project, product & process management
- Strong innovation and organization skills
- Multi-tasking & focus on achieving objectives
- Basic understanding of the VC & startup ecosystem
- Ability to leverage online and offline networks
- Basic mastery of project management tools, no-code development & data analytics
- Strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines and overcome obstacles to achieve outcomes
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.