Manchester, NH /
About Alumni Ventures
Alumni Ventures (AV) is a fast-growing, network-powered venture capital firm disrupting the VC industry. We are democratizing venture investing by allowing individuals the opportunity to invest into previously inaccessible startups.
We believe in growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by our mission, we are growing rapidly, with over 180 employees and 20 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $900MM to date from thousands of investors and is the third most active VC in the world (Pitchbook 2021) with over 900 portfolio companies. We recently won several awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 (Financial Services) and Bezinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. AV invests alongside well-known lead investors such as Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins and Bessemer.
About This Role
AV’s Technology team is seeking a Product Manager to drive the development of business-critical products from inception to completion. This individual will collaborate with the EVP of Technology and other key internal stakeholders to define overall product vision, determine product features, and manage the product development process. The Product Manager will act as the primary liaison between stakeholders and the engineering team to ensure outlined objectives are being met.
- Collaborating with clients and stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Defining the vision for the team’s product
- Creating a product road map based on this vision
- Managing the product backlog and prioritizing them based on changing requirements
- Overseeing all stages of product creation, from design to development to launch
- Developing user stories
- Monitoring and evaluating product progress at each stage of the process
- Liaising with the product team and end-users to deliver updates
- Participating in Scrum meetings and product sprints
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology
- Working knowledge of product development architecture
- Proficiency in the use of analytic tools
- Understanding of design quality standards
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work with and manage large teams
- Experience with marketing automation tools, eCommerce, and CRM a plus
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.