Manchester, NH /
Accounting and Finance /
About Alumni Ventures
Alumni Ventures (AV) is a fast-growing, network-powered venture capital firm disrupting the VC industry. We are democratizing venture investing by allowing individuals the opportunity to invest into previously inaccessible startups.
We believe in growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by our mission, we are growing rapidly, with over 150 employees and 20 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $1B to date from over 1,000 investors and is the third most active VC in the world (Pitchbook 2021) with over 900 portfolio companies. We recently won several awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 (Financial Services) and Bezinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. AV invests alongside well-known lead investors such as Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins and Bessemer.
About This Role
As Alumni Ventures (AV) continues to grow, we are expanding our team to meet our needs. As such, we are adding a new senior fund accountant to our team in concert with our growing portfolio of funds. This new position will be part of the corporate finance organization at AV, reporting to the Fund Accounting VP.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, enterprise systems experience and the ability to work effectively at a fast pace.
- Perform daily accounting of assigned funds
- Perform month end reconciliations and account closings as needed
- Perform fund analysis and reporting for critical decision-making purposes
- Work with outside tax consultants for annual K-1 tax activities
- Suggest process improvements to enhance financial performance
- Assist in fund distribution calculations and preparation
- Generate routine and ad-hoc financial statements for management
- Respond to inquiries in a timely fashion
- Resolve accounting variances
- Interface with investor relations, investment team, legal, corporate accounting and executive management on fund related topics
- Gather relevant investment documentation and understand capital structures of investments to assist in portfolio company valuations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field, CPA or CPA equivalent preferred
- 2- 5+ years of accounting experience, with a focus on alternative investment funds
- Experience with Netsuite or similar ERP system preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- A strong interest in accounting and being part of a high rate of growth environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with bias toward process improvement
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical ability with relevant experience building and reading financial spreadsheets
- Organized and detail-oriented
- High energy, self-starter and team player
- Excellent work ethic with an ability to work both hard and smart
- Strong interpersonal skills matched with an optimistic outlook
- Ability to contribute positively to AVG's culture
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.