Manchester, NH /
Accounting and Finance /
About Alumni Ventures
Alumni Ventures (AV) is a fast-growing, network-powered venture capital firm disrupting the VC industry. We are democratizing venture investing by allowing individuals the opportunity to invest into previously inaccessible startups.
We believe in growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by our mission, we are growing rapidly, with over 180 employees and 20 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $900MM to date from thousands of investors and is the third most active VC in the world (Pitchbook 2021) with over 900 portfolio companies. We recently won several awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 (Financial Services) and Bezinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. AV invests alongside well-known lead investors such as Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins and Bessemer.
About This Role
As Alumni Ventures continues to grow and develop our business and the critical functions that support our success, we are looking for a Treasury Analyst. Reporting to the Treasury Manager, the Treasury Analyst will be responsible for assisting with a variety of treasury-related matters, including cash management, reporting, supporting the company’s cash management operations and tracking liquidity.
- Responsible for daily processing and review of cash positions, including incoming and outing activity with appropriate approvals and audit trails
- Assist with daily portfolio company investment transfers needed depending on which funds participate in the investment
- Process investor information uploads, reconciled with Investor portal information, depositing checks, finalizing monthly fundraise numbers (collected basis)
- Request and track new bank account opening process
- Update the bank account master list when needed
- Create templates for electronic payments where appropriate in conjunction with the Treasury Manager
- Ensure accurate maintenance of bank accounts, balances, bank/Treasury systems and bank cost information
- Initiate wires based on company policies; monitor ACH and check disbursement and uncashed checks
- Setup and maintain fund bank accounts as well as corporate accounts as needed
- General ledger account coding for disbursements and intercompany cash and interest transfers in line with the Loan Tracker (and established policy)
- BS/BA required
- 1-5+ years prior Treasury experience; exposure to venture, private equity, mutual fund, CLO, or similar accounting is preferred
- Understanding of Treasury fundamentals and knowledge of best practices in Treasury functions
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and exceptional listening skills
- Relevant experience building, using and reading financial spreadsheets
- Well refined analytical abilities
- High proficiency in MS Office Products
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.