Growth Marketing Intern - Spring 2021
Manchester, NH /
Community Growth /
About Alumni Ventures
AV's purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures (AV) is growing rapidly, with 150+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AV provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AV offers dozens of distinct funds, including Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of many top universities nationwide, Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors, and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $800 million and has invested in over 800 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 600,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AV typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
The AVG internship is an opportunity for an undergraduate student to get his or her foot in the door of a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment building the AVG brand and community. This a desirable industry and post, and the selection process is highly selective.
Interns may have the opportunity to attend virtual “Lunch & Learns” throughout the program. Lunch & Learns are with high-level members of AVG and are a more informal way for interns to learn about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and the business world.
This application is for our Spring Quarter cohort in our Grown Marketing Department. This is an unpaid part-time position with 20 hours/week expected. Current positions are remote. We do not provide housing.
- Current undergraduate student
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to learn
- Attention to detail in execution
- Superb time management
- Highly coachable
- Good listener
- High EQ
- Reliable, meeting deadlines and expectations
- Communicates well with colleagues and manager
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help
- Superb writing skills
- Keen interest in marketing and social media
- Experience with LinkedIn and Facebook
- Assist Social Media Manager with Organic Social strategy and execution for AVG, Focused Funds, and corresponding Alumni Funds
- In-take of organic social requests and build-out of production projects
- Copywriting, editing, and proofreading
- Creation of tracking links
- Testing and conducting QA on sends before scheduling
- Keyword and hashtag research to optimize content for SEO
- Working with internal contributors to source, proof, and approve content
- Selecting and sizing contextually relevant and on-brand artwork for content
- Some graphic design for organic posts
- Update and publishing of posts via Sprout Social
- Experience with Twitter, TikTok, Instagram
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, etc.)
- Video production or editing
Please feel free to learn more about our company at www.avgfunds.com
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.