Office Assistant/Receptionist (Part-Time)
Manchester, NH /
About Alumni Ventures
Alumni Ventures (AV) is a fast-growing, network-powered venture capital firm disrupting the VC industry. We are democratizing venture investing by allowing individuals the opportunity to invest into previously inaccessible startups.
We believe in growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by our mission, we are growing rapidly, with over 150 employees and 20 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $1B to date from over 1,000 investors and is the third most active VC in the world (Pitchbook 2021) with over 900 portfolio companies. We recently won several awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 (Financial Services) and Bezinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. AV invests alongside well-known lead investors such as Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins and Bessemer.
About This Role
Alumni Ventures is searching for a Receptionist to support both our Manchester, NH headquarters. We are seeking a high-performance individual motivated by challenge and ready to play an important role in our fast-growing organization. This is a part-time 8AM-12PM position located in our Manchester, NH headquarters.
- Ensure office workspace and common areas are clean, safe and organized.
- Greet and serve as the first point of contact for guests, visitors and associates.
- Receive and distribute mail, package shipments, and deliveries. Also arrange for shipping, mailing as needed.
- Keep office, beverage, and snack supplies organized and well-stocked, support with reordering as needed.
- Work on projects with other teammates as availability and skillset permit.
- Promote productivity and friendliness in a fast-paced environment; you will be an ambassador, champion and steward of our company culture.
- Ability to work from 8AM-12PM in office 4-5 days a week – this is not a remote position
- Positive attitude and ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
- Ability to lift packages weighing up to 40lbs
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that allow you to deliver a variety of messages as needed
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees
- Highly organized, with ability to intelligently prioritize
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.