Project Manager - Operations
Manchester, NH /
About Alumni Ventures
AV's purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures (AV) is growing rapidly, with 150+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AV provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AV offers dozens of distinct funds, including Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of many top universities nationwide, Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors, and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $800 million and has invested in over 800 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 600,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AV typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
About This Role
Alumni Ventures is searching for an individual who will manage cross-functional projects across Alumni Ventures, in support of business teams. This cross-functional project management will including scoping, team formation, meeting management, ensuring internal communication within a given project team, preparing & adjusting project-planning and team schedules, note-taking from meetings, and preparation of external communication of project team work to the rest of the company. The role reports to the President & COO and interacts heavily with managers and Department Heads across the company.
- Project management for cross-functional project teams across AV Departments (as outlined above)
- Manage relationships with various vendors, and assess new vendors where appropriate
- Document various new and existing processes and procedures
- Handle various ad hoc projects as assigned by the COO or CEO.
- Work with the COO on various projects related to optimizing workflow and communication between various departments within AVG
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-5+ years experience in project management or operations
- Strong organization, project management, and multi-tasking skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using powerpoint, Google Sheets, and a range of more formal project planning tools.
- Project management background (PMP or Agile certifications) a plus
- Adept at navigating executional complexity between multiple stakeholders
- Some professional experience in a startup environment preferred
- Basic fluency in venture capital & entrepreneurial ventures
- Familiarity with data analytics and reporting tools such as Tableau
Alumni Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AV is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.