Front End Flutter Developer (Flexible with Remote Work)
Dallas, TX /
Dev & Product /
At Adyton our team of daring professionals is empowering skilled workers everywhere with great mobile software that goes where they do, helps them work more effectively, and enables them to accomplish their mission safely. Our users rescue people from the ocean, protect people, and deliver humanitarian assistance. They need great mobile software. We build it.
Our team first culture empowers us as we tackle this audacious vision, and we are looking for other hard working team players who want to do important things well. Egos need not apply.
We’re looking for a passionate front end developer to join our team to help build simple, intuitive and thoughtful interfaces for our users: understanding user workflows, harnessing frameworks to build reusable components, considering device form factor, network caching, and database performance and collaborating tightly in a team environment to bring beautiful products to life for our users.
What You'll Do
- Build intuitive, polished web and mobile applications that delight our users and help them get their jobs done more easily
- Collaborate with designers to create & plan intuitive user interfaces that are easy for users and maintainable for developers
- Think two steps ahead about network reliability, caching, and database performance of queries, and how this might impact the UX
- Work closely with business development to rapidly prototype in customer environments to create new product opportunities
- Gain mastery of front end tooling, understand the entirety of our software stack and make recommendations to simplify, improve and scale our front end developer experience
- Identify opportunities to contribute great UX across the business for customers and teammates
Who You Are
- You consider yourself an artist that codes, or an engineer that creates art
- You have three years of full time front end development experience, or an extensive track record of tinkering, learning and building your own applications
- You may have started out using a REACT or Angular, but have fallen in love with Flutter, and have tackled a couple of freelance or hobby projects with Flutter, experimenting with different reactive interface architectures, tested out different state management patterns and used several client side caching frameworks.
- You have an eye for design, enjoy researching new interaction patterns and on a rainy day can be found re-creating designs from Dribble
- You find it fun to go fast & whip up quick interfaces to display concepts, but ship clean & maintainable code into production
- You enjoy working in fast paced teams and are motivated by the impact your software creates for your users
The Logistics: Location
- At present ,all roles are remote
- We have been fully remote since our founding, but through the experience of 2020 have learned that the team increasingly values time together
- We routinely gather for sprints, team retreats and at customer sites, and are exploring co-working, hybrid work and location hubs
The Logistics: Travel
- As a hybrid friendly team we are focused on helping our teammates to be happy, healthy and productive
- We recognize that everyone has different circumstances that vary over time and adapt travel expectations accordingly
- We conduct week long meetups 2 times per year in the United States and internationally
- We support periodic travel (4-5 days per quarter) to collocate and collaborate tightly with coworkers on an ad-hoc basis as you and your team see fit
- BD and customer facing roles can expect periods of 25-50% customer site travel (3-4 days every two weeks) on a regular basis
What We Offer
- Comp: We offer competitive compensation packages including equity, salary and benefits
- Flexibility: We are a fully remote team with options for ad-hoc travel to collocate and collaborate with coworkers
- PTO and Parental Leave: We know that "unlimited time off" policies often have the opposite effect , so we have developed generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Professional Development: In line with our core value of continuous growth, we provide access to learning resources, courses, certifications, and other professional development opportunities
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box; we're looking for teammates who are adaptable, love learning, and are excited to join the team.
We are humbled that you are considering joining our team of daring professionals.
CEO & Co-Founder