Vice President of Marketing
Remote (U.S. based) /
Looking to contribute to Web3? Akash Network is the world’s first decentralized peer-to-peer marketplace for cloud compute.
Join the team that is providing infrastructure to power the next generation of the Internet. We envision a world where cloud compute is permissionless, sovereign, and open. Our global team includes renowned open-source, cloud, and blockchain developers, as well as seasoned experts from leading technology companies.
We are a distributed and growing team. You will find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, crypto, cloud and Web3.
Akash Network is looking for an experienced cloud marketer who understands the nuances of a technical product and a developer's mindset to lead our Marketing department as our VP of Marketing. You are driven by solving developer problems, experienced with cloud infrastructure, and passionate about crypto and blockchain. Experience in scaling cloud infrastructure businesses is required. You will oversee the marketing team and ensure cross-functional cohesion and alignment while establishing and executing a global product marketing strategy with a heavy focus on demand generation and user acquisition.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy that effectively appeals to our audiences in non-obvious ways, leveraging channels like stack overflow, Reddit, highly technical blog posts, etc.
- Develop cohesive and robust user acquisition and demand generation strategies, including performance marketing, growth acquisition, and content
- Develop and build a robust attribution funnel that enables efficient user acquisition Help create clear, concise, and consistent copy for all developer marketing efforts across all mediums
- Translate and distill technical topics into accessible and consumable language for both developers and non-technical audiences
- Be a key contributor to the build-out of our marketing funnel by designing, building, and executing product marketing strategies and determining the proper personas and audiences who will be the best-fit users of our platform
- Develop customer segmentation strategies and growth plans working with Product Management and Business Development
- Build out, manage, and develop an omnichannel funnel to ensure consistent and successful acquisition, and convergence
- Synthesize deep insights and communicate findings in a concise and actionable manner that aligns marketing efforts to business goals
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to launch and promote new features, create technical content (blogs, videos, live and recorded demos) for education; work with Marketing and Developer Relations to hold events, and educate targeted users on our products and features
- Develop and launch a data-driven and cost-effective strategy to enable product awareness and user growth
- Help position Akash network as the evolution of Cloud infrastructure
- 15+ years of experience in software product marketing
- 10+ years of experience in B2C user acquisition managing media budgets over $10 million annually
- Experience collaborating with leaders cross-functionally (e.g. Product, Engineering, and Design) to develop step function growth in user acquisition
- Track record of meeting and exceeding aggressive user acquisition goals in a hyper-growth environment
- Have successfully led a product marketing organization from pre-product market fit through scaling
- In-depth understanding of and prior experience in building user acquisition strategies, tactics, and attribution funnels from scratch
- Experience in product design, branding, voice, and tone
- Prior experience in developer-led marketing and product marketing
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely; excellent written and verbal communication skills (2-3 writing samples will be required)
- Strong technical understanding of cloud infrastructure space, developers, and developer operations; familiarity with a source control system (Git or SVN), CI/CD, Docker containers, and microservice architecture, utilizing Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of software development
- Familiarity with crypto/blockchain
- Deep understanding of marketing tools, such as GA, CRM, SEO, and listserv
- Experience with open-source software ecosystems
- Strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to execute
- History of scaling a small marketing team into a robust marketing organization
About Akash Network
Akash Network is the world's first distributed peer-to-peer marketplace for cloud compute that provides a fast, efficient, and low-cost deployment solution. Utilizing containerization and open-source technology, Akash Network is capable of leveraging the 85% of underutilized cloud capacity in 8+ million data centers worldwide, enabling anyone to buy and sell compute. Developers leveraging Akash Network can access cloud compute at a fraction of the cost compared to centralized cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Alibaba.