Sr. Staff/Software Engineer
Remote (San Francisco, CA) /
Want to build the future of the Internet? Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center to become a cloud provider by offering unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace.
As more of our work and play moves to the cloud, we are materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned open source and blockchain developers, and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies.
We are a distributed and growing team, and you will find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
As a Sr. Staff/Software Engineer at Akash Network you will have the opportunity to learn and master the latest in Proof-of-Stake blockchains, decentralized applications and Web3.0. You will have an excellent opportunity to expand your scope and help build the Web 3.0 decentralized infrastructure of the future.
Your Sphere of Impact
- Working with the CTO to create and manage architectural vision for the cloud roadmap at Akash
- Responsible for the technical design and collaborative team work towards delivery of new features in the cloud and chain portions of the product roadmap
- Implementing resilient and scalable systems to achieve extremely high reliability for the Akash blockchain
- Developing a microservices roadmap that allows for quick iteration of Product features in a fail fast model
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, failure handling, and other non-functional requirements
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- 8+ years of professional software development
- Past experience with C, C++ in the past is preferred
- MSc or higher in Computer Science, (or BSc with relevant experience) in software engineering
- Expert knowledge of systems design concepts and distributed computing
- Keen eye for modeling scenarios in reproducible test environments
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration
- Experience in key security concepts: cryptography, key/certificate management, identity, and access management
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Experience developing complex web applications/services and backend APIs
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems
- Mentoring abilities are highly valued in this role
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- While open source contributions themselves are a strong nice-to-have, the team develops in open source and uses Git workflows, so you must have proven ability to develop and understand git workflows and the full SDLC in this type of environment
- Ability to stay communicative while working remotely and asynchronously
Nice To Have
- Notable Opensource contributions in GitHub
- Experience in building decentralizedWeb 3.0 and blockchain technologies
- Familiarity with Cosmos SDK, Tendermint
About Akash Network
Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center and anyone with a computer to become a cloud provider by offering their unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace. As the first decentralized cloud for DeFi, Akash DeCloud greatly accelerates scale and price performance for DeFi, decentralized organizations, and high-growth industries like machine learning/AI. Through Akash’s platform, developers can easily and securely access cloud compute at a cost ten times lower than the current market providers (AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure). The platform achieves these benefits by integrating advanced containerization technology with a unique staking model to accelerate adoption.