Senior Data Engineer
Bay Area / Remote /
Alara Team /
Alara is excited to welcome the company's first employees to support its mission of eliminating cancer from over-radiation. Working alongside a talented and experienced founding team, you'll be influential in shaping our company's culture, leadership, and growth.
Alara's Senior Data Engineer will report into our Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing end-to-end data solutions (storage, integration, processing, API exposure) from edge to cloud.
- Thoughtfully designing our infrastructure to ingest medical imaging and EHR data.
- Ensuring that our architecture is well-suited to run real-time benchmarking and dose calculations.
- Ensuring that data is warehoused in a highly secure and industry-compliant fashion.
- Building a solution that seamlessly integrates with Alara's frontend user platform.
- Researching, analyzing, and selecting technical approaches for solving complex development and integration problems.
- Keeping our tooling current by staying up to date with the latest technologies.
Strong candidates for this role will have:
- Strong skills in Python.
- Experience building data engineering infrastructure and data pipeline in the cloud and within a production setting.
- Experience with modern ETL/ELT techniques.
- Familiarity with Docker and deploying Docker containers in different environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into lay language.
- A team-oriented attitude while taking personal pride in one's work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Leadership and management experience or potential - an ability to scale the engineering function within Alara as the company grows.
The ideal candidate will also have the following qualifications:
- BA / BS or equivalent
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with healthcare data and interfaces such as HL7, FHIR, and DICOM
- Experience developing data pipelines for IoT / IoMT architectures
Alara prides itself on offering healthcare and other benefits to its full-time employees.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.