Senior Cloud / Edge Systems Engineer
Bay Area / Remote /
Alara Team /
Alara is excited to welcome the company's first employees to support its mission of eliminating cancer from over-radiation. Working alongside a talented and experienced founding team, you'll be influential in shaping our company's culture, leadership, and growth.
Alara's Sr. Cloud / Edge Systems Engineer will report to our CTO and will:
- Architect, design, configure, automate, and manage reliable, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure for Edge-to-Cloud services, big data analytics, and cloud-based applications.
- Design, build and manage a deployment infrastructure for our edge computing software, allowing for remote deployment of new software, continuous health monitoring, and robust logging.
- Design and implement cloud security controls including tenant isolation; security handling at infrastructure, network, resource, application and data levels; vulnerability assessments; and application firewalls.
- Ensure deployed architecture meets security, privacy, regulatory, and compliance standards for healthcare.
- Assist in architecting and developing APIs for internal and external access to data collected by our deployed edge software.
- Manage and continuously improve performance, scalability, reliability, availability and cost effectiveness of solutions running on the cloud platform.
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging and complex development and integration problems.
- Keep our tooling current by staying up to date with the latest technologies.
Strong candidates for this role will have:
- Direct experience with developing, managing, automating, and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure for edge-to-cloud and big data analytics.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle.
- Understanding of Quality Design Control processes.
- A team-oriented attitude while taking personal pride in one's work.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud technologies and understand relevant edge computing market trends.
- Leadership and management experience or potential - an ability to scale the engineering function within Alara as the company grows.
The ideal candidate will also have the following qualifications:
- BA / BS or equivalent
- At last four years of real-world experience implementing production cloud telemetry analytics platforms
- Experience with Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) devices
- Familiarity in networking and connectivity, including IoT/IoMT and health-specific standards such as HL7, FHIR, and DICOM
- Practical experience with implementation of HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST and/or other healthcare-related regulatory frameworks
Alara prides itself on offering healthcare and other benefits to its full-time employees.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.