Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (US Remote)
Data & Engineering /
Who we are:
We believe that small businesses are stronger together and we’re looking for people who are passionate about our mission.
Alignable is a remote-first, mission-driven Series C (and profitable) growth stage startup on a mission to bring together small business owners from across the globe to help them gain competitive advantage so they can succeed in their business.
Small businesses give our communities character -- generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They are the creators, the risk takers and the problem solvers. Each with a unique story.
For business owners who depend on referrals for success, Alignable is the online community helping them initiate and build trusted relationships leading to quality referrals. Owners depend on quality referrals for all aspects of their business, and whether they’re looking for new customers, suppliers, or services needed to run their business – they’re finding them all here on our platform. Our highly engaged and supportive peer network plays a critical role in helping these businesses (our Members) succeed, especially within an ever-changing economic environment.
Alignable is North America's largest small business network with over 8 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. If you want to empower the small business owner through a networking platform unlike any other, let’s talk.
What you will be doing:
We're looking for results-oriented, self-motivated, and pragmatic Senior Full Stack Software Engineers who are not only passionate about building highly scalable and user-friendly web applications, but also want to see their work help small businesses be successful.
Alignable’s Engineering department supports all Product teams, building velocity and quality into our core products. The department is divided into four main product pillars/squads: Growth and Core Networking, Content and Distribution, Groups and Events, and Marketplace. You will join one of these squads depending on interest and fit. Each team is fast-paced and highly collaborative and you will be closely involved from the early stages of identifying problems and scoping out solutions. Our engineers work closely with product management, design, growth marketing, and business partners to identify problems and build effective solutions.
Every engineer at Alignable has opportunities to span the stack: you will be able to sharpen your skills through close collaboration on frontend and backend engineering challenges. You'll be deeply involved in feature decisions and should be comfortable using data to drive rapid testing/iterating. Technical problem solving appeals to you, but you will also create space for your colleagues to demonstrate the same. We all learn and grow to achieve goals that can never fit in a job description.
This position can be based anywhere in the U.S. To be eligible for this position, you must live in the U.S. and have authorization to work in the U.S.
About our tech stack:
- Languages & Databases: Ruby/Rails 2.7.6 with Postgres, Elixir/Phoenix, Redis, Memcached w/ React & Typescript on the frontend
- Testing: Rspec and Enzyme with continuous integration via CircleCI
- Deployment: AWS Alphabet soup
- Analytics Pipeline: Kinesis, Python, Pandas, Redshift
- Machine Learning: Pytorch, Tensorflow
What success looks like:
- You will take significant new features from concept to production. All new features are designed and built collaboratively with small cross functional teams.
- You will be deeply involved in feature and technical decisions and use data to drive rapid testing/iterating.
- You will be autonomous in managing your work, working independently with product managers and designers to build the most compelling features for our small business members.
- You will get to know our members by listening in on video calls and training sessions, observing them using our site, and deeply engaging with our customer success team to understand their challenges.
- You will dive deep into our data to further your understanding of our members and draw insights that will allow you to suggest features or changes to our applications.
What you will bring:
- You will have 4+ years of experience as a full stack software developer in OOP; React.js experience is required; Ruby or Elixir experience is a plus.
- You will have at least 1+ years of mentorship experience.
- You will have experience working very closely with Product teams; experience driving Product requirements independently is a plus.
- You are deeply obsessed with doing what is right for customers.
- You have proficient oral and written communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- You have demonstrated the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic environment.
- You have the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team.
- You have experience in Agile/Scrum enterprise-scale software development.
- You have experience building and operating scalable software.
- You have demonstrated the ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- You have experience designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Advocacy & Encouragement: They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they've made a major impact on the business.
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: At Alignable, we celebrate the diversity of the small business community - and in our team. We value the unique perspective you’ll bring to strengthen our mission of helping small businesses thrive and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and respectful culture that fosters creativity and innovation from everyone.
- A remote-first organization, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, and KIC ventures. Our leadership team also consists of startup veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, Vistaprint, and Audible.
What we offer:
- Smart, supportive co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations + each employee is required to take 2 weeks off back-to-back at some point each year
- Virtual working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Parental leave
- Professional Development Program
Alignable is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.