Lead Product Manager (US Remote)
Product & Design /
Who we are:
We believe that small businesses are stronger together and we’re looking for people who are passionate about our mission.
Alignable is a remote-first, mission-driven Series C (and profitable) growth stage startup on a mission to bring together small business owners from across the globe to help them gain competitive advantage so they can succeed in their business.
Small businesses give our communities character -- generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They are the creators, the risk takers and the problem solvers. Each with a unique story.
For business owners who depend on referrals for success, Alignable is the online community helping them initiate and build trusted relationships leading to quality referrals. Owners depend on quality referrals for all aspects of their business, and whether they’re looking for new customers, suppliers, or services needed to run their business – they’re finding them all here on our platform. Our highly engaged and supportive peer network plays a critical role in helping these businesses (our Members) succeed, especially within an ever-changing economic environment.
Alignable is North America's largest small business network with over 7 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. If you want to empower the small business owner through a networking platform unlike any other, let’s talk.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for a seasoned product manager to drive big-picture, Member-focused thinking across an entire product pillar. We need someone who can drive the team, and is entrepreneurial. They'll love to chat with customers. They'll have a broad understanding of the tools of the trade and the market. They'll use metrics and intuition to propose roadmaps and create features. They'll bring the team along for the ride.
As Alignable’s Lead Product Manager, you’ll be the product lead on a cross-functional squad including UX, Engineering, and Growth Marketing partners who work alongside you to achieve your goals. You will help us build out a suite of tech-enabled products that work seamlessly together to create best-in-class social referral and networking experiences for small businesses. To do this well, you will need to be experienced building modern, useful, and engaging experiences for our SMB members. You will also need to create systems and structures to synthesize multi-faceted data points into KPIs to make data-driven decisions.
What success looks like:
- You will own multiple product areas. Starting with strategic areas of focus from stakeholders, you will select target OKRs and collaborate with Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, and stakeholders to identify and prioritize initiatives to reach your goals. You will leverage the combined knowledge of the organization and our users to identify the right problems to solve and deliver solutions that address our users’ needs.
- You will work quickly and iteratively, generating and testing hypotheses, balancing the qualitative and quantitative data with your gut. Following agile principles, you will deliver value quickly, track impact, and adjust as needed. You won’t make project plans, you won’t write detailed requirements documents, and you won’t be rewarded simply for shipping features.
- You will have big responsibilities, but plenty of support. Our culture is dynamic, collaborative, and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career. You will have frequent access to experienced founders, mentoring from seasoned product professionals, and the opportunity to grow your skillset and responsibility. Every one of our employees can directly point to how they've made a major impact on the business.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of Product Management or related job experience within a technical realm, preferably SMB or consumer, SaaS or platform products
- A track record in hyper-growth startups: Expertise in navigating complexities, understanding product organization nuances, and proactively addressing challenges for optimal solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to try new things and be innovative
- A strong team player that excels working collaboratively across disciplines to make decisions and build consensus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to communicate with your team, stakeholders, and customers
- Crave talking to customers to understand their challenges and bring their voice into your decisions
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing data to make informed product decisions
- Empathy and compassion for the struggles of owning a small business
- A bias for action, a roll-up your sleeves attitude, and a deep sense of personal ownership
- A proven track record managing stakeholders, from soliciting input to managing expectations
- The ability to successfully manage competing priorities and responsibilities, and help your team do the same. You excel under pressure.
- Work quickly, react to new information, and adapt as challenges arise
- Advocacy & Encouragement: They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they've made a major impact on the business.
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: At Alignable, we celebrate the diversity of the small business community - and in our team. We value the unique perspective you’ll bring to strengthen our mission of helping small businesses thrive and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and respectful culture that fosters creativity and innovation from everyone.
- A remote-first organization, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, and KIC ventures. Our leadership team also consists of startup veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, Vistaprint, and Audible.
What We Offer:
- Smart, supportive co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations + each employee is required to take 2 weeks off back-to-back at some point each year
- Virtual working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Parental leave
- Professional Development Program
Alignable is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.