Nashville, TN - Remote OK /
Be a Part of Something Big
At Alto, we're changing the way people invest for the future.
For too long, only the ultra-wealthy could afford to benefit from alternative investments, and that meant a lot of missed opportunities for everyday investors. Alto was founded on the belief that a diversified portfolio is essential to investing for the future, and that's only possible if everyone can invest in the assets they're truly interested in.
So we created a solution that allows ordinary people to invest their tax-advantaged retirement funds into non-traditional assets, like real estate, startups, securitized artworks, cryptocurrency, and more.
By joining Alto's growing team, you'll be helping to make our mission a reality. And you'll work with some truly unique people who are passionate about what they do. We're also pretty big on celebrating individuality—after all, one of our core values is "you do you." And we actually live it. Really.
As a Solutions Engineer for Alto, you will validate prospective and signed B2B partner use cases, recommend the set of Alto product solutions that support these use cases, and consult with the partner on best practices and other recommendations for implementation. You will be a key team member during the sales cycle, representing Alto’s product team as an expert in both our API/SDK product solutions as well as the complimentary UI tools that we provide to our B2B partners. Partnering with our Implementations Manager, you will also participate as a technical resource supporting our partner’s software developers both during and after implementation and you will work alongside Alto’s Partner Operations teams to establish any non-integrated workflows, providing demos of the functionality available within our partner user facing portals, and speaking to our non-API data exchange capabilities. Additionally, you will play a role in setting up and managing partner configurations and provide internal support to Alto’s Partner Operations teams as necessary to support their engagement and execution of transactions with our partners.
What You'll Get to Do
- Provide technical guidance of Alto’s products throughout the sales cycle, speaking to the “how” our products work across a number of spectrums including system-to-system authentication, API transactional activity, and processing of payments for investments
- Define the “playbook” for partner configurations in order to establish the experience our partners and clients expect from our solutions
- Solicit both informal requirements from partners through sales and implementations cycles and formal requirements in collaboration with the Implementations Manager to define a recommended suite of Alto’s products to solve the partner’s challenges
- Define and setup the configurations within Alto’s products required to support the partner’s use cases and technology integrations
- Perform operational support to partner/customer where necessary to validate software and operational process completion in pre-production environments
- Serve as a point of escalation from Alto’s Partner Operations team to ensure a rewarding experience for our partners raising capital from Alto’s IRA accounts
- Serve as a critical role in the Product Development feedback loop, particularly lobbying with the Product team for new product configurations and documenting larger feature requests from partners as well
What We Need to See on Your Resume
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years working experience supporting technical products and serving as support to the SaaS sales cycle
- Capable of establishing oneself as the expert in Alto’s products to the external partners including with developer facing products like APIs and SDKs
- Experience building trusted relationships with external stakeholders including both external Engineering and Customer Support teams
- Able to confidently and consistently deliver product demos that reflect the capabilities of Alto’s products while focusing on the specific stakeholder participants areas of focus and primary concerns
- Well organized and prone to proactive, rather than reactive, follow-up
- Ability to get technical with external development against API and SDK solutions including reading API logs, reproducing issues with API calls, and providing guidance on appropriate solutions for resolution
- Possess a strong team orientation with the ability to organize across teams
- Capable of working independently and owning the customer’s first impressions of our products and capabilities
- Resourceful and adaptive to thrive in a fast-paced environment where products will evolve rapidly but external partners/customers may move slower
- Attention to details and cross-functional relationship management skills
Why Alto? We are a dynamic and collaborative team, all working towards a common goal. With every interaction, you feel our culture throughout our company. We care about diversity, inclusion, and belonging, and every voice is heard. We also care most about our people. We show it through our actions, and we offer a lot of really great benefits, including:
- A generous open PTO policy
- No-cost health insurance for employees*
- 401(k) with company match
- Equity as a part of your compensation
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 12 paid holidays
- Discounted and/or free Alto investor accounts
- Four to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A remote-first culture - work from home or our Nashville office
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- An emphasis on work-life balance
- No-meeting Fridays
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply already! :)
Alto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination of Any Kind
Alto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alto are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alto encourages applicants of all ages.
Founded in 2015, AltoIRA aka Alto is a rapidly growing fintech startup based in Nashville, TN. At Alto, we’re building a next-generation platform to provide clients with the tools and opportunities they need to invest retirement funds into alternative assets. We’re empowering everyone to invest in what they choose and supporting their desire to take a more active role in shaping their financial future. The Alto platform streamlines the process for individual investors and advisors to access, research, and invest in alternative assets using retirement funds. It connects investors with private companies, fund managers, and over 50 recognized investment platforms, including Coinbase, Republic, Masterworks, and EquityZen, that offer access to a wide range of alternative assets, including startups, shares in artwork, real estate, cryptocurrency, and more.