Business Development Associate
San Francisco, California
Sales & Customer Success
Digital assets are the future of finance, but this new financial system is still in its early days. The next step for crypto is institutional investment, which is currently bottlenecked by a cold storage security model that’s failing to meet the needs of institutional investors.
That’s why we’re building the first crypto-native custodian, bringing the best of security engineering to digital asset custody. By providing financial institutions with a new and safer means of safeguarding their investments, we are securing the foundation of the crypto financial system.
At Anchorage, we believe that technical problems require technical solutions. With this in mind, our team brings together the brightest minds from security, finance, and distributed systems to help build the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. We're seeking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
Anchorage was founded by the security engineers who developed the original encrypted Square credit card reader, and is backed by such leading investors as Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Affirm CEO Max Levchin, and AngelList Chairman Naval Ravikant.
We're seeking a sharp, hungry, and high-integrity individual to join our business development (“BD”) team. BD is responsible for forming relationships with clients, closing deals, and strategic execution of the company’s medium and long-term strategies.
- Develop quality and quantity at the top of the funnel.
- Qualify and prioritize leads quickly, yet methodically.
- Impress our clients at every touchpoint in the buying cycle.
- Form long-lasting relationships with our clients.
- Help close deals and define our business development strategy moving forward.
- You’re a structured thinker - i.e. you set objectives and develop frameworks to aid your decision-making.
- You know how to tell a good story in both conversation and writing - i.e. you have excellent narrative skills, a refined vocabulary, a compelling voice, and an engaging personality,
- You’re comfortable with legal jargon and documentation (term sheets, contracts, etc.).
- You’re looking forward to diving deep into the following subjects: blockchain, crypto-economics, and security engineering.
- You have "executive presence," i.e. confidence and composure interfacing with financial investors and CEOs
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You have relevant work experience in one of the following areas: investment banking, management consulting, or operating experience in a large fintech company
- You have FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or are willing to obtain them upon hire.
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You've seen and were emotionally moved by the musical Hamilton (the founder of our nation's financial system :).
∙ 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision (+ 75% coverage for dependents).
∙ One Medical Membership
∙ Pre-tax commuter benefits
∙ 401k plan
∙ Catered lunch and dinner
∙ Bottomless cups of coffee
∙ Unlimited guilt-free vacation
∙ Ergonomic workstation build out (including a standing desk).
∙ Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
Start a Conversation:
If you would like to experience the front lines of a global paradigm shift, and you believe (like we do) that safe storage of private keys will become a cornerstone of our economy - we should talk!
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to crypto-native custody products and services offered by Anchorage Hold, LLC and Anchorage Global, LLC, each a separate, affiliated company wholly-owned by Anchor Labs, Inc., a financial technology company headquartered in San Francisco, CA.