Biology Lab Manager (60-100%)
Schlieren, Zurich /
Research & Development /
Anjarium Biosciences AG is a pioneering Swiss biotech startup developing a new class of non-viral gene therapies and is currently expanding its R&D team at our premises in the Biotechnopark in Zurich, Switzerland. Our team is passionate about building a new generation of durable genetic medicines for life-threatening diseases while pushing forward the frontiers of gene therapy. We are looking for talented and creative individuals, driven by patient outcomes, to join our rapidly growing company. If you thrive in cutting-edge, fast-paced and translational research fields and are looking to join a collaborative & innovative team, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
The candidate will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operational logistics of multiple laboratories within R&D and Process Development. This role will also support laboratory quality and regulatory requirements for sample management and equipment.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Perform lab tasks as needed including reagent and media prep, equipment maintenance, monitoring and calibration
- Occasionally assist with and execute molecular biology experiments
- Organize ordering, receiving, shipping and tracking of laboratory equipment and supplies
- Oversee all equipment’s and instruments' function correctly, tracking/performing equipment calibrations and preventative maintenance
- Support sample management as well as establishing and maintaining an inventory system for reagents, supplies, and equipment
- Develops, updates and assists with the enforcement of laboratory policies and procedures; coordinates the development and implementation of laboratory safety and care standards
- BSc or Laboratory technician diploma with 3-5 years of lab management in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology or related field
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Experience with Biosafety Level 2 laboratory environment a plus
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
As a growing start-up, we offer an innovative, inspiring and dynamic environment for skilled candidates eager to make an impact. Together, we at Anjarium aim to establish leadership in the realm of non-viral gene therapy. We are convinced that a talented and dedicated team is the driving force of our success and we believe that a culture of feedback in an environment of empathy and respect is essential to cultivating curiosity and learning, personal growth as well as the growth of our organization. At Anjarium you can further benefit from competitive salaries including stock options.
Diverse Career Opportunities: We value commitment to people and their professional growth
A true team effort: Be part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals in which a positive & collaborative culture is nurtured
Pioneering Science: We foster bold ideas and innovation in pursuit of genetic medicines at the frontier of science
Integrity: We embody the importance of empathy, rigor, candidness and authenticity
Anjarium Biosciences AG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
Anjarium Biosciences AG does not accept agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our job postings, company aliases, employees, or any other organization location. Anjarium Biosciences AG is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.