Sales Engineer (Remote - Americas)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Sales – Sales /
Much like software before it, data is the next competitive battleground for modern enterprises. As a result, more and more companies are rushing to stand up their data stack and become data-powered organizations.
But every data-powered company quickly encounters one unfortunate fact: much of their data is missing, stale, corrupt, or prone to unexpected and unwelcome changes. As a result, companies spend more time dealing with issues in their data rather than unlocking that data's value.
Anomalo addresses this problem by adding a new layer to the Modern Data Stack: a Data Quality Platform that monitors enterprise data to automatically detect and root-cause any data issues, thus allowing teams to resolve any hiccups with their data before making decisions, running operations, or powering models.
We help companies trust the data they use to make decisions and build products.
We work with some of the biggest brands like BuzzFeed, Discover Financial Services, and Substack. We're raised over $39m in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital. We are building the platform that data-driven companies need to stay data-driven, and would love to have you join us for the ride!
What you'll do as a Sales Engineer at Anomalo
Reporting to the VP Sales - As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for technical account leadership and management for the Sales Cycle across multiple strategic accounts, including relationships with technical counterparts within those organizations. The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced Sales, Marketing, and Product Management personnel and will be supported by a strong technical team in an early-stage, rapidly growing startup environment.
Your career with us will combine cutting-edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Media, E-Commerce, etc.), and an exciting growth path.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Sales Engineer, you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication, and coordination skills between clients and internal teams to achieve your mission.
Product and Technical Knowledge
- Actively participate and drive customer discovery calls to qualify leads and convert them to sales opportunities. Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Anomalo Platform, be able to deliver a demo and technical presentation, including an overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture, and general feature/functionality of our platform
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos and PoCs based upon customer requirements
- Provide timely, prioritized, and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support, and/or Engineering regarding customer requirements and issues
Presentation and Organizational Skills
- Train and engage customers in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Anomalo platform
- Know where to escalate within Anomalo’s technical organization, and make effective use of those resources
- Enthusiastically present software solutions to prospective customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives
- Lead the completion of RFI, RFP, and initial security reviews
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues
- Along with Marketing, Sales, and Product Management, and based on market or customer feedback, lead the definition, development, and presentation of product and solution demos and PoCs for prospects and partners
Perks of working with us
👩💻 We were fully remote before it was a thing, your best work happens on your schedule
✈️ Unlimited vacation that we encourage you to take
🩹 Top of the line family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
🍼 16 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave because family comes first
🔍 A radically open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth
💸 Meaningful employee equity packages plus life insurance and a 401k plan
🖥️ All new top-of-the-line laptops, monitors, and peripherals for doing your best work
What we value
Rational Optimism - We rely on each other to make principled decisions backed by data and logic
For & By All - Diverse, inclusive teams build better products that represent the needs of our customers
Own It - We champion ownership, and we take accountability for our work
Opacity Zero - Transparency enables our autonomous and fact-driven culture
Outcomes > Hours - People should work when and where they will be most productive
YOLO - Life's too short not to have fun at work