Infrastructure Engineer (Remote - Americas)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Engineering – Operations / Infrastructure /
Much like software before it, data is the next competitive battleground for modern enterprises. As a result, more and more companies are rushing to stand up their data stack and become data-powered organizations.
But every data-powered company quickly encounters one unfortunate fact: much of their data is missing, stale, corrupt, or prone to unexpected and unwelcome changes. As a result, companies spend more time dealing with issues in their data rather than unlocking that data's value.
Anomalo addresses this problem by adding a new layer to the Modern Data Stack: a Data Quality Platform that monitors enterprise data to automatically detect and root-cause any data issues, thus allowing teams to resolve any hiccups with their data before making decisions, running operations, or powering models.
We help companies trust the data they use to make decisions and build products.
We work with some of the biggest brands like BuzzFeed, Discover Financial Services, and Substack. We're raised over $39m in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital. We are building the platform that data-driven companies need to stay data-driven, and would love to have you join us for the ride!
What you'll do as an Infrastructure Engineer at Anomalo
- Setup, maintain and optimize a variety of Anomalo's cloud-hosted environments, including our production SaaS product, internal staging & testing deployments, and our build and CI/CD system.
- Own and manage Anomalo's cloud infrastructure components such as VPCs, EC2 instances, K8 clusters, storage, backups, etc.
- Develop and maintain self-service and automation tools that enable the Engineering team to continuously deliver new features while minimizing day to day operational overhead
- Ensure cloud-based architectures meet availability, security, and disaster recoverability requirements, including necessary elements for SOC 2 compliance
- Implement cloud-system observability, including appropriate monitoring and alerting
- Continuously improve the Infrastructure discipline at Anomalo.
Qualifications you'll ideally have
- 5+ years of infrastructure engineering, SRE, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Solid understanding & expertise in containerized infrastructure services such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid knowledge & experience in managing infrastructure for SaaS/Web apps and related elements (Databases, etc. )
- Proficiency in Python is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent practical experience
Nice to have
- Experience with architecting, deploying, and maintaining hybrid cloud software
- Understanding of compliance and security industry standards
- Expertise in cloud cost management
- Prior experience working with machine learning/data science teams and complex ML pipelines
Technologies we use
- Python (django / celery / numpy / pandas)
- Machine Learning (Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Prophet / Greykite)
- Databases (Postgres / Redis / DynamoDB)
- Cloud (AWS - EC2, RDS, ECS, S3 / GCP / Azure)
- CI/CD (AWS CodeBuild / GitHub Actions)
- Containers (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Data warehouses (Snowflake / BigQuery / Redshift / Presto / Synapse / DeltaLake)
Perks of working with us
👩💻 We were fully remote before it was a thing, your best work happens on your schedule
✈️ Unlimited vacation that we encourage you to take
🩹 Top of the line family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
🍼 16 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave because family comes first
🔍 A radically open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth
💸 Meaningful employee equity packages plus life insurance and a 401k plan
🖥️ All new top-of-the-line laptops, monitors, and peripherals for doing your best work
What we value
Rational Optimism - We rely on each other to make principled decisions backed by data and logic
For & By All - Diverse, inclusive teams build better products that represent the needs of our customers
Own It - We champion ownership, and we take accountability for our work
Opacity Zero - Transparency enables our autonomous and fact-driven culture
Outcomes > Hours - People should work when and where they will be most productive
YOLO - Life's too short not to have fun at work