Sales AE / Director (Remote - Americas)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Sales – Sales /
Much like software before it, data is the next competitive battleground for modern enterprises. As a result, more and more companies are rushing to stand up their data stack and become data-powered organizations.
But every data-powered company quickly encounters one unfortunate fact: much of their data is missing, stale, corrupt, or prone to unexpected and unwelcome changes. As a result, companies spend more time dealing with issues in their data rather than unlocking that data's value.
Anomalo addresses this problem by adding a new layer to the Modern Data Stack: a Data Quality Platform that monitors enterprise data to automatically detect and root-cause any data issues, thus allowing teams to resolve any hiccups with their data before making decisions, running operations, or powering models.
We help companies trust the data they use to make decisions and build products.
We work with some of the biggest brands like BuzzFeed, Discover Financial Services, and Substack. We're raised over $39m in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital. We are building the platform that data-driven companies need to stay data-driven, and would love to have you join us for the ride!
What you'll do as a Sales AE / Director of Sales:
- Reports to VP Sales
- Carry an annual ARR quota in direct sales to enterprise customers with a focus on account penetration and ARR growth
- Be responsible for pipeline generation, including outbound prospecting to drive new logos.
- Lead all customer communication including discovery calls and demos, through to POC support and technical support sessions alongside our Sales Engineering team.
- Overcome objections, contractual hurdles, and maximize the opportunity with customers.
- Assist Anomalo's product, engineering, and marketing teams by providing customer feedback regarding feature development and enhancement.
- Build strong working relationships with all teams within Anomalo; product, marketing, engineering, SDRs
- Educate & coach internal sales roles, including SDRs and junior members of the sales team
- 5-15+ years of full-cycle sales experience with recent emphasis on ETL, Cloud Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Analytics, AI/ML technologies
- Track record of attaining quota of $1m+ ARR per year
- Drive opportunities using MEDDIC principles. Define success criteria for demos / POCs. Identify key stakeholders within opportunities. Articulate ROI relevant to key stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Prior experience building sales at an early-stage software company selling into mid-large Enterprise customers.
- Interest and ability to contribute directly to sales enablement including content creation and best practices.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and with multiple departments
- Advanced public speaking/presentation skills
- Diligent use of CRM to track sales throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Experience with modern sales technology stack to accelerate sales: gong, chorus, outreach, salesloft, etc.
Perks of working with us
👩💻 We were fully remote before it was a thing, your best work happens on your schedule
✈️ Unlimited vacation that we encourage you to take
🩹 Top of the line family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
🍼 16 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave because family comes first
🔍 A radically open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth
💸 Meaningful employee equity packages plus life insurance and a 401k plan
🖥️ All new top-of-the-line laptops, monitors, and peripherals for doing your best work
What we value
Rational Optimism - We rely on each other to make principled decisions backed by data and logic
For & By All - Diverse, inclusive teams build better products that represent the needs of our customers
Own It - We champion ownership, and we take accountability for our work
Opacity Zero - Transparency enables our autonomous and fact-driven culture
Outcomes > Hours - People should work when and where they will be most productive
YOLO - Life's too short not to have fun at work