Director of Business Development
REMOTE - US
Full-time [Remote] /
Anovium is a product-focused digital innovation agency and consultancy. We empower companies to innovate and harness technology. Anovium is a sister organization of a venture studio, which builds out ideas into high-growth companies. This provides unique exposure to the agency in emerging markets. Our collective mission is to empower people with technology today to solve the problems of tomorrow.
We are innovators, tinkerers, visionaries, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers. Our team is constantly iterating to improve solutions and ultimately the human experience.
» Our Culture
At Anovium, we improve ourselves while using technology to improve the world around us.
We work with fun, talented people who embrace individuality, diversity, and inclusion.
We champion intuitive experiences, elegance, and automation. We believe collaboration and constant human feedback is critical to unlocking value and long-term success. We challenge what we know and how we view problems.
» Who We Hire
We hire talented creators and doers who are aligned with our goal: Improve Tomorrow, Today™
As a part of the Anovium team, you should have a vision for the future and an irrepressible desire to make it reality.
You should strive to deliver products that meaningfully improve the lives of others. And you should constantly be learning to improve yourself.
All Anovium employees are skilled in taking calculated risks and pushing the envelope as well as swiftly pivoting and iterating when faced with failure.
Director of Business Development
TL/DR: You'll build, train, lead, and continue to grow our sales and client engagement teams. You are naturally a people person with a powerful influence and you know the positioning of agencies and consultancies well.
We are looking for a sales and business development leader who knows the ropes in the agency/consulting world (particularly in software) and can build and guide a strong sales and client engagement team.
What You'll Do
- Build Your Team. You'll hire (we said build for a reason), manage, and coach a team of 2-4 Engagement Managers to develop powerful sales and engagement strategies.
- Own the Process. You’ll provide the structures in the business development process to ensure ongoing visibility and performance. You will oversee the creation and maintenance of key materials that support business development efforts – including, but not limited to, case studies, presentations, and info briefings. You will work closely with Anovium’s legal and general leadership to ensure that the proper documentation and contracts are in place. You’ll forge new paths forward while not waiting to be handheld.
- Cultivate Relationships. You'll lead strategy, acquisition, and continued development of relationships with our clients. You'll also develop and maintain executive level relationships to empower sales.
- Empower Your Team. You'll meet and exceed monthly sales team quotas through empowering your team while regularly updating management on team activities, wins, missteps, opportunities, and risks. You'll ensure our team is representing the company well in new business conversations by continually fine tuning the communication of Anovium's value.
- Drive Strategy. Not only will you help the team with existing accounts, but you will also explore strategies to engage new logos, industries, or other focuses that align to Anovium’s overall strategy.
- Improve and Grow. You’ll be learning, improving, and teaching alongside others who love to do the same. You’ll lead and give constructive feedback. You’ll challenge both yourself and your team as they challenge you.
- Make an Impact. The things you do will have a large impact on Anovium.
Who You Are
- Love forging win-win relationships.
- Not afraid of creativity. Open to creating novel agreement structures to grow business with partners.
- Love uncovering opportunities and their estimated value.
- Bias for action. You make things happen. You roll up your sleeves and get things done. You have an innate desire to have a large impact on the company.
- Well balanced in dealing at high and low levels.
- Comfortable juggling many concurrent priorities.
- Comfortable navigating fast-paced ambiguity. You are comfortable operating in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Enabler and motivator. You can supercharge your team to perform at their best.
- You are candid. You’re candid, but respectful. You share pertinent information, even when difficult. You admit mistakes. You openly disagree and explain why.
- You are aligned with Anovium’s mission and core values.
What You Have
- 6+ years of business development and operating experience
- 4+ years of leadership experience in the workplace
- 2+ years experience with C-level clients
- 2+ years selling agency services
- Hiring and growing a team
- Negotiated complex contracts
- Proven history of collaborating and working well internally
- Can shape a data-based approach to guide decision making.
- General analytical and quantitative skills and a talent for deal modeling.
- Can lead analysis-driven negotiations.
- Proven closing skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Structuring partnerships on behalf of or with agencies/consultancies
Excited but Not a 100% Fit?
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
» How We Support Our Team
We trust you to take care of your responsibilities wherever, whenever.
We strive to make working on our team a top experience. That being said, working in startup environments is not for the faint of heart. Those who need to be told what to do will not do well here, but those with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive. Your integration into the team is important to us.
Commitment to Personal Growth and Exploration
We invest in your development and operate in an environment that fosters growth and exploration.
We’re a Team
We champion teams that are excellent at communication and collaboration. Your integration into the team is important to us.
» Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Anovium is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.