Full Stack Senior Software Developer
Software Development /
Full-time [Remote] /
Anovium is a product-focused digital innovation agency and consultancy. We empower companies to innovate and harness technology. Anovium is a sister organization of a venture studio, which builds out ideas into high-growth companies. This provides unique exposure to the agency in emerging markets. Our collective mission is to empower people with technology today to solve the problems of tomorrow.
We are innovators, tinkerers, visionaries, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers. Our team is constantly iterating to improve solutions and ultimately the human experience.
» Our Culture
At Anovium, we improve ourselves while using technology to improve the world around us.
We work with fun, talented people who embrace individuality, diversity, and inclusion.
We champion intuitive experiences, elegance, and automation. We believe collaboration and constant human feedback is critical to unlocking value and long-term success. We challenge what we know and how we view problems.
» Who We Hire
We hire talented creators and doers who are aligned with our goal: Improve Tomorrow, Today™
As a part of the Anovium team, you should have a vision for the future and an irrepressible desire to make it reality.
You should strive to deliver products that meaningfully improve the lives of others. And you should constantly be learning to improve yourself.
All Anovium employees are skilled in taking calculated risks and pushing the envelope as well as swiftly pivoting and iterating when faced with failure.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced software developer with extensive experience in developing complex web applications and peripheral systems and infrastructure.
We expect this person to be an innovation leader - able to guide teams in solving complex problems with modern technology and solution approaches.
We also expect this person to be able to work directly with product and project managers as well as directly with clients (you need to be able to communicate effectively with people outside of engineering!).
- Driving innovation and collaboration.
- Proactively coach other developers
- Lead code reviews with the team
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Assisting PMs as needed with sprint planning and delegation
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Identify opportunity in complex systems
- Work directly with PMs & external clients to develop user stories and requirements
- Engage key stakeholders throughout product journey
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting, and project management.
- Must have at least 4 years of total related experience.
- Minimum 4 years in solving challenging technical problems in web application development.
- Minimum 4 years experience creating or consuming RESTful APIs.
- Minimum 2 years in Vue, React, or Angular.
- Experience managing project requirements.
- Experience with software architecture.
- Experience with design & software development fundamentals and object-oriented design (OOD)
- Strong knowledge of database and information architecture, with web application integration and database schema design.
- In-depth knowledge with relational databases (SQL) and/or NoSQL data stores.
- Solid understanding of software security (encryption, access control, auth, etc.).
- Experience with TDD.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology (bonus: utilizing Jira).
- Strong experience developing dynamic web / HTML5 applications with excellent knowledge of web protocols, restful communication standards, and web security.
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
- Experience with business requirements gathering/analysis
- Good understanding of git version control workflows.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical roles.
- Experience identifying and using business logic in application design.
- Self-starter who can work independently and remotely.
- Highly analytical thinker & problem solver.
- Passionate about design & coding and breaking things down into components.
- Passionate about shipping clean, quality, readable, & re-usable code.
- Highly organized
- Growth mindset: you are open to constant coaching and feedback
- Strong leader
- Working experience with microservice architecture.
- Working experience with containers (e.g. Docker).
- Working experience on clusters (e.g. Docker EE, DC/OS).
- Working knowledge of JSON, XML, CSV, YAML.
- Working knowledge of build and deploy pipelines.
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps or CI/CD.
- Worked with UI frameworks like Material Design.
- Familiar with styling and implementing front-end frameworks (e.g. Vue, React, Angular, or Flux).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse workforce including offshore.
- Ability to create Business Requirements and Application Architecture documents.
- Follow software development life cycle methodology and industry best practices.
- Skilled at performing solution risk/benefit analysis.
» How We Support Our Team
We trust you to take care of your responsibilities wherever, whenever.
We strive to make working on our team a top experience. That being said, working in startup environments is not for the faint of heart. Those who need to be told what to do will not do well here, but those with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive. Your integration into the team is important to us.
Commitment to Personal Growth and Exploration
We invest in your development and operate in an environment that fosters growth and exploration.
We’re a Team
We champion teams that are excellent at communication and collaboration. Your integration into the team is important to us.
» Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Anovium is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.