REMOTE - US
Full-time [Remote] /
Anovium is a product-focused digital innovation agency and consultancy. We empower companies to innovate and harness technology. Anovium is a sister organization of a venture studio, which builds out ideas into high-growth companies. This provides unique exposure to the agency in emerging markets. Our collective mission is to empower people with technology today to solve the problems of tomorrow.
We are innovators, tinkerers, visionaries, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers. Our team is constantly iterating to improve solutions and ultimately the human experience.
» Our Culture
At Anovium, we improve ourselves while using technology to improve the world around us.
We work with fun, talented people who embrace individuality, diversity, and inclusion.
We champion intuitive experiences, elegance, and automation. We believe collaboration and constant human feedback is critical to unlocking value and long-term success. We challenge what we know and how we view problems.
» Who We Hire
We hire talented creators and doers who are aligned with our goal: Improve Tomorrow, Today™
As a part of the Anovium team, you should have a vision for the future and an irrepressible desire to make it reality.
You should strive to deliver products that meaningfully improve the lives of others. And you should constantly be learning to improve yourself.
All Anovium employees are skilled in taking calculated risks and pushing the envelope as well as swiftly pivoting and iterating when faced with failure.
TL/DR: You will report directly to the CTO at a well-funded early-stage startup logistics company. You'll be responsible for executing tasks and company-wide technology initiatives. You will oversee and lead teams that ship amazing products quickly.
Are you a proactive and highly organized individual capable of taking on a director of engineering role?
Anovium is seeking a Director of Engineering, to assist in executing overarching company goals allowing the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to focus on strategic initiatives.
The Director of Engineering will be responsible for providing top-level support and streamlining day-to-day engineering management.
What You'll Do
Top-Level Support: prioritize and manage tasks to reduce the day-to-day engineering management burden on the CTO. Efficiently organize and structure information, allowing the CTO to focus on strategic and CTO-level responsibilities.
Engineering Pod Management: facilitate and oversee the management of engineering teams or "pods," ensuring effective collaboration and productivity.
Triaging Issues: assess and categorize engineering and technical issues, ensuring they are addressed promptly and effectively.
Leading Solutions Architecture: provide guidance and support in developing robust solutions architecture, aligning with business goals and technical requirements.
Advocate for Technical Debt and Backlog: represent the engineering team's perspective and requirements in product meetings, ensuring technical considerations are well-voiced and integrated into product decisions.
- Deep understanding and experience in logistics or related fields.
- Deep understanding of transportation management systems.
- Experience working within a startup culture, building and deploying quickly.
- Multitasking and context-switching are second nature to you.
- Experience architecting efficient technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Deep understanding of software development processes and methodologies.
- Meaningful previous experience overseeing engineering teams.
- Previous experience in a support role for senior technical leadership, at a director or senior management level.
- Understanding of solutions architecture and system design.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and tools.
- Experience optimizing processes and procedures.
- Years of previous experience leading multiple engineering teams in parallel.
Perks and Benefits:
- Remote-first work environment allowing flexibility and work-life balance.
- Opportunities for personal growth and exploration, with a commitment to your development.
- Collaborative and communicative team dynamics that emphasize excellence.
» How We Support Our Team
We trust you to take care of your responsibilities wherever, whenever.
We strive to make working on our team a top experience. That being said, working in startup environments is not for the faint of heart. Those who need to be told what to do will not do well here, but those with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive. Your integration into the team is important to us.
Commitment to Personal Growth and Exploration
We invest in your development and operate in an environment that fosters growth and exploration.
We’re a Team
We champion teams that are excellent at communication and collaboration. Your integration into the team is important to us.
» Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Anovium is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.