Transportation Management System - Lead Full Stack Python/FastApi/React Engineer [REMOTE]
Software Development /
Full-time [Remote] /
Anovium is a product-focused digital innovation agency and consultancy. We empower companies to innovate and harness technology. Anovium is a sister organization of a venture studio, which builds out ideas into high-growth companies. This provides unique exposure to the agency in emerging markets. Our collective mission is to empower people with technology today to solve the problems of tomorrow.
We are innovators, tinkerers, visionaries, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers. Our team is constantly iterating to improve solutions and ultimately the human experience.
» Our Culture
At Anovium, we improve ourselves while using technology to improve the world around us.
We work with fun, talented people who embrace individuality, diversity, and inclusion.
We champion intuitive experiences, elegance, and automation. We believe collaboration and constant human feedback is critical to unlocking value and long-term success. We challenge what we know and how we view problems.
» Who We Hire
We hire talented creators and doers who are aligned with our goal: Improve Tomorrow, Today™
As a part of the Anovium team, you should have a vision for the future and an irrepressible desire to make it reality.
You should strive to deliver products that meaningfully improve the lives of others. And you should constantly be learning to improve yourself.
All Anovium employees are skilled in taking calculated risks and pushing the envelope as well as swiftly pivoting and iterating when faced with failure.
Lead Full Stack Python/FastApi/React Engineer
TL/DR: You are an Engineer with a proven track record leading teams and are skilled in full-stack development. Ideally, you've worked with Python/FastApi/React.js and have experience in the logistics industry and you've specifically built out or worked with Transportation management systems previously. You're a self-starter and bring an infectious energy that motivates others. You're able to take complex business problems and map them to sub-problems then assign them to engineers in your team. You have the guts to be candid but are respectful. You're comfortable translating business requirements to software.
We are looking for one lead engineer to lead a full stack python/react pod to complete a rebuild of a transportation management system for a client.
Additionally and as needed you may assist with other projects, including transportation management systems, med tech solutions, digital consumer aid products, legal tech products, productivity solutions, web3, and many more.
What You'll Do
- Energize. You’ll motivate your team to be the best they can be. You'll unblock, inspire, and move fast.
- Guide. You’ll steer the team both technically and culturally. You will perform code reviews, delegate responsibilities, communicate, and set an example.
- Build. You’ll be responsible for taking requirements for complex problem sets and translating them to your teammates.
- Improve and Grow. You’ll be learning, improving, and teaching alongside others who love to do the same. You’ll lead and give constructive feedback. You’ll challenge both yourself and your team as they challenge you.
- Make an Impact. You’ll be identifying problems that are important, and prioritizing to make sure your team is working on the right tasks.
Who You Are
- You love to build and deliver. You’re obsessed with the creation and delivery of value.
- You are a wizard. You have end-to-end experience building web and/or mobile applications. Others look up to and respect your technical skill sets. Your past experiences will help guide you and your team through challenges.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. This is an environment of high iteration. There is constant change and sometimes little guidance. You aren’t held back by the fear of being wrong or making a mistake.
- You are empathetic for developers and consumers. You build with future and current developers in mind – making it easy for others (or even yourself!) to pick up where you left off. You also build with your consumer in mind.
- You diagnose problems. You challenge prevailing assumptions and dig to the root of issues. You solve problems rather than treat symptoms.
- You’re a strong leader. You’re passionate. You take pride in your craftsmanship and are passionate about quality software engineering.
- You are candid. You’re candid, but respectful. You share pertinent information, even when difficult. You admit mistakes. You openly disagree and explain why.
What You Have
- Approximately 8+ years of building and shipping production software systems
- Previous experience in the logistics industry and a genuine interest in the field
- Proven technical leadership experience
- Backend technologies like Python/FastApi, Node.js/TypeScript, C#/.Net, or Java/Spring.
- Frontend technologies like React.js or Vue.js. (We will prioritize candidates with heavy Python/FastApi experience for this particular opening.)
- Building human-centered user experiences
- Working cross-functionally with managers, designers, and engineers
- Creating self-documenting, modular, testable, performant code.
- Deep understanding of the whole engineering stack, from database, servers, to UI
- Experience with React Native, GraphQL, DevOps, or CI/CD.
- Knowledgeable in ML/LLMs
Ecosystems You May Work In
- Different projects have a different combination of the following:
- Front End. React.js, Vue.js
- Back End. Node.js, Python, C#/.Net, Java/Spring
- Mobile. React Native
- Desktop. Electron
- DB. MySQL, MongoDB
- API. REST, GraphQL
- AI/ML. Python
- Other. LookML, Docker & more
Excited but Not 100% a Fit?
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
» How We Support Our Team
We trust you to take care of your responsibilities wherever, whenever.
We strive to make working on our team a top experience. That being said, working in startup environments is not for the faint of heart. Those who need to be told what to do will not do well here, but those with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive. Your integration into the team is important to us.
Commitment to Personal Growth and Exploration
We invest in your development and operate in an environment that fosters growth and exploration.
We’re a Team
We champion teams that are excellent at communication and collaboration. Your integration into the team is important to us.
» Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Anovium is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.