Aposto is a subscription-first news and lifestyle service designed to help readers discover modularized information effortlessly to have a satisfying, reliable and healthy digital media diet.
We write stories, build online publications, develop digital products in the intersection of journalism, publishing, technology and design.
We are looking for an editor with high media literacy and editorial experience to write daily news snippets and compose in-depth news stories on every topic of interest, from finance, business, and technology to politics and sports.
- Editors scan both Turkish and international news outlets on a daily basis, identify the top developments, and write them in a clear and concise manner for Aposto's daily and weekly briefings.
- The editor needs to be highly skilled at every aspect of writing and editing —from idea conception to researching and structuring a story, to writing the piece and editing it to perfection— as editors also pen long-form, in-depth articles about the most important stories, that often take an entire day or more to produce.
- The editor must have a keen understanding of the news as well as a desire to challenge the conventional ways of telling it. The right candidate is an autonomous, curious, creative thinker who is excited to build and evolve the voice of Aposto and thrives in collaborative, deadline-driven environments.
- The editor has a bachelor's degree in journalism, business management, economics or other related fields, who is comfortable with technology and can operate on multiple content management systems.
- Successful candidates for this position must be open —and willing— to seek out constructive feedback from multiple sources.
- Aposto is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the community we serve.
Being a "company" is an optimized form brings us together, nothing more. We value optimism, cooperation, brutal honesty and an obsession for storytelling.
Join the band if you think this is a room you should be in.