New York City or Remote /
Technology – Application Development Teams /
Arbol is looking for a developer familiar with both React JS and Python. We are building an ecosystem of both web and mobile apps to help businesses manage climate risks. As a developer you will build new apps and maintain existing code using React and Python. You should be familiar with React JS and its ecosystem of libraries as well as Python and libraries such as flask. This is a great opportunity to get exposed to climate data and build apps from the ground up.
- Maintain existing React frontend applications and fix bugs
- Build new features in React JS
- Maintain existing Python web APIs and fix bugs
- Build new features in Python web APIs
- Maintain MongoDB databases
- Participate in requirements gathering and feature definition
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development, engineering, or a related technical field
- Knowledge of React JS and common libraries in the React ecosystem including but not limited to redux and material UI
- Familiarity with git and dockerUnderstanding of Python 3 and building web APIs in flaskFamiliarity with MongoDB
- Understanding of pandas and geopandas is a plus
Arbol is a financial services company that helps business entities protect against climate risk. Our mandate is to modernize and grow the climate and weather risk spaces in all directions. Climate data, advanced climate modeling and pricing, blockchain, and open source/community projects are how we use technology to cater to risk-exposed entities in agriculture, energy, and other sectors.
We are based in NYC, but about 70% of the company is fully remote. We offer very good health plans fully covered by the company, as well as stock options. Our salary bands are as follows.
Team Member: $120k-$140k
Team Lead: $150k-$180k
Technical Director: $170k-$200k