New York City or Remote /
Technology – Application Design Team /
Arbol is looking for our next UI/UX Designer. You would be joining a quickly growing team of 8 developers, designers, and project managers that build out and maintain a wide variety of web apps. You would have the opportunity to design solutions for internal use as well as customer facing applications that range in industry from agriculture, crypto, legal, renewables, and many more. We are looking for a designer who will take the time to understand the unique user needs across our portfolio of apps and explore new ways to visualize data to enhance the user experience. You would have the ability to own the design flow a product from requirement gathering to dev hand-off while also collaborating with the design team to align branding and grow our design team’s ways of working.
Arbol seeks candidates with:
- Online portfolio of work demonstrating UI/UX skillset
- Minimum 5 years experience in UI/UX related field
- Ability to travel to New York office occasionally
- Deep experience with Figma and/or wire framing in general
- Deep experience with user interviews and requirements gathering
- Strong understanding of UX/UI best practices
- Great communication skills
- Good understanding of the agile and the software development process in general
- Some exposure or interest in actual coding, css animations, etc.
Arbol is a financial services company that helps business entities protect against climate risk. Our mandate is to modernize and grow the climate and weather risk spaces in all directions. Climate data, advanced climate modeling and pricing, blockchain, and open source/community projects are how we use technology to cater to risk-exposed entities in agriculture, energy, and other sectors.
We are based in NYC, but about 70% of the company is fully remote. We offer very good health plans fully covered by the company, as well as stock options. Our salary bands are as follows.
Team Member: $100k-$125k
Team Lead: $130k-$160k