New York City /
Technology – Quantitative Development Team /
Arbol seeks a Quantative Developer!
This role is for a mature python quant developer, who has experience working with scientists, researchers and other quantitative developers, and has implemented models, frameworks and libraries to help all stakeholders focus on their own work.
We are looking for a person who is capable of taking a task, splitting it into pieces, estimating the amount of work, setting expectations, implementing, covering code with meaningful and reasonable tests, and helping others with their development work by reviewing their code and guiding.
- 7+ years with python
- 4+ years with numpy, pandas
- 5+ years in quantitative development (with high level or specialized programming languages)
- 7+ years of experience with general CS knowledge and tools: version control, design patterns, CI, various testing approaches, coding environment setup on different platforms, package managers
- 3+ years with cloud computing (AWS is preferred)
- Basic math and probability theory knowledge
- Experience with ML/DL python frameworks is a plus
Arbol is a financial services company that helps business entities protect against climate risk. Our mandate is to modernize and grow the climate and weather risk spaces in all directions. Climate data, advanced climate modeling and pricing, blockchain, and open source/community projects are how we use technology to cater to risk-exposed entities in agriculture, energy, and other sectors.
We are based in NYC, but about 70% of the company is fully remote. We offer very good health plans fully covered by the company, as well as stock options. Our salary bands are as follows.
Team Member: $140k-$160k
Team Lead: $170k-$200k
Technical Director: $190k-$220k