Risk Operations Associate
Bay Area, NYC, or Remote /
Arc is leveling the playing field for founders. Our tech-driven financing helps remove the biases inherent in conservative financial services – giving SaaS startups access to the capital necessary for operationalizing their success without debt or dilution.
Hundreds of startups use Arc to manage their finances. We’re proud to provide a friendlier way for startups to extend their runway, accelerate their growth and maximize their capital stack. We help founders scale sooner, on their terms, and without restriction.
We are seeking an experienced RiskOps Associate to join our growing team of Arc-itects. This role will be essential to our CIP and financial intelligence efforts. The ideal candidate will need to be a self-starter as we expand our controls and functionalities. The expectation of this role is to be experienced in risk operations and have general knowledge of compliance rules and regulations.
This position will report to the Chief Credit Officer.
📌 What you’ll do
- Perform KYC, KYB and AML checks for onboarding new clients
- Review and investigate daily transaction monitoring alerts for potential fraud and money laundering
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on high-risk accounts and risk alerts
- Prepare and file SARs in a timely manner; set and maintain SAR filing standards
- Review potential hits against OFAC or other watchlists
- Ensure efficient CIP and risk operations including AML, Fraud, Sanctions, KYC/KYB and EDD, PEP, & OFAC sanctions
- Support the development of the global compliance financial crime oversight framework and policies to minimize fraud and compliance losses
- Prepare and deliver compliance reports to senior leadership
- Maintain employee training materials and standards, as well as deliver training to the team
- Contribute to team-wide initiatives, focusing on new processes and risk controls
- Maintain relationships with KYC, KYB and Fraud vendors
✅ What you've done:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as finance or business is preferred
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- Experience in KYC, fraud and financial crimes as a part of onboarding at a FinTech or Financial Institution
- Knowledge of financial crime (BSA, AML, OFAC, CIP) laws and regulations
- Experience with OFAC, AML and other payments compliance
- Self-motivated, analytical thinker with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexibility to perform in a fast paced startup environment in an evolving industry
- Investigative curiosity with strong organizational skills.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and database application software
🌟 Nice to Haves
- Experience using SQL or similar data query languages preferred.
- Relevant financial certifications such as CAMS or CRCM
🚀 What we bring:
- Founding team from Stanford, LinkedIn, Affirm, Meta, Tesla, Brex, Bolt, and beyond
- Remote or Hybrid work w/ offices in San Francisco and soon to be NYC
- VC funding from Left Lane, NfX, Bain, and YC
- Excellent benefits including unlimited PTO, paid medical, dental, vision, etc