Fullstack Engineer, Data
United States /
Join Archive in our mission to change consumer behavior for the better. If you think humans buy too much stuff and throw too much away, then this problem is for you. We’re starting with fashion and expanding from there.
Archive is building an ‘operating system for resale’ that delivers a customized online secondhand marketplace site and the underlying infrastructure and operations to plug into all of the other facets of a brand’s global resale strategy.
About The Role
- Build applications, tooling, and frameworks to improve the productivity of Archive's product, analytics, and brand success teams.
- Optimize our data models for performant storage/retrieval and fulfill critical product and business requirements
- Work to empower internal users via training and documentation.
- Contribute to and promote data engineering and governance standards across Archive
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Java
- Experience building and deploying large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with and/or exposure to a variety of data stores (relational, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, data warehouse solutions).
- Good working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL).
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- You are a first principles thinker that can work with others to come up with pragmatic solutions — and then evolve and generalize them.
- You have the ability to take a high-level goal and deliver shippable code.
- You have a growth mindset — curious, eager to learn, and never afraid of asking questions.
- Experience working with very high-scale data infrastructure
- Experience with data products (Hex, Snowflake)
- Full-stack development or product engineering experience
- Frontend: Next.js + React + Redux + Apollo Client (Typescript), Firebase Auth
- Backend: NodeJS (Typescript), Hasura GraphQL Engine, Python, Dagster
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Vercel, Render, Google Cloud
- Collaboration: Github, Linear, Notion, Slack
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $220,000. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) such as role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible for equity as well.
Archive is a Series A startup backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed and Bain Capital. We’re a fast growing team, working with over 30 brands including The North Face and Oscar De La Renta. The founders, Emily and Ryan, bring a mix of business and technology experience including 2 startups and a successful exit.
We are honored to be named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups of 2022. To build the list, The Information selected 50 companies that have the potential to be the most valuable businesses in their categories based on their current revenue, business model, and growth prospects.
The team is currently remote-first with hub offices in NY and LA and optional in-person work for those located in either of those two cities. Occasional travel expected.
We consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re building but don't meet some of the criteria above, please don’t let that discourage you from applying. Please note, we are unable to accept applications from candidates outside of the US at this time.