United States /
Join Archive in our mission to change consumer behavior for the better. If you think humans buy too much stuff and throw too much away, then this problem is for you. We’re starting with fashion and expanding from there.
Archive is building an ‘operating system for resale’ that delivers a customized online secondhand marketplace site and the underlying infrastructure and operations to plug into all of the other facets of a brand’s global resale strategy.
As a designer at Archive, you’ll have the ability to work with major brands across different markets and play an important part in helping them improve their environmental footprint.
The ideal candidate is someone who creates stunning user interfaces with a high attention to detail. You’re organized and thorough, and you provide engineering with all the resources and instruction needed to realize your vision. You’re passionate about creating intuitive and easy experiences for users. You’re excited to be part of a team that is highly collaborative, and you’re willing and able to flex into different kinds of design as needed.
About The Role
- Work directly with fashion brands to design fully customized, branded marketplace sites that are unique and compelling (examples: The North Face, Oscar De La Renta, Sandro)
- Support the Archive sales and strategy teams by creating beautiful mockups and exploring new concepts for how resale will look for future brand partners
- Partner with the Archive product and engineering team to define the UX and visual design of new features for the core marketplace platform
- Maintain and evolve design language system and style guides for the ecosystem of Archive user interfaces
- Manage pass off of design mocks to engineering; participate in design QA to ensure websites are visually strong and match design intent
- Participate in design reviews with brands’ digital creative teams as needed; receive and respond to design feedback while iterating on design direction and feature set
- Contribute to branding / creative design work as needed to provide cross-functional support to marketing and sales
- Support product design developments, including new feature creation and internal dashboard designs
- You have a passion for pixel perfect UI design and are excited to work across a diverse set of visual styles and UX systems to bring compelling consumer experiences online
- You are highly analytical and think critically about user flows and how to create a clear user experience
- You are comfortable advocating for design choices that will result in a better, more beautiful end product.
- You appreciate feedback when you receive it and are willing to iterate and change direction as needed. You give feedback in a way that is both direct and kind.
- You like turning vague guidance into concrete, actionable plans with buy-in from all stakeholders.
- You are excited to work directly with fashion brands to bring their vision for resale to life.
- You are mission driven and love the fact that the better we do as a company, the less waste we’ll see in the world.
Skills / Experience
- 2+ years experience at a design firm, agency or consumer product company
- Top notch Figma skills, including creating / evolving design systems
- Portfolio of past work demonstrating both visual and interaction design skills
- Experience designing web applications (both mobile and desktop)
- Experience as a fully remote product designer (if not in NY or LA)
- Bonus: E-commerce or retail brand experience, experience with Storybook
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $140,000. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) such as role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible for equity as well.
Archive is a Series A startup backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed and Bain Capital. We’re a fast growing team, working with over 30 brands including The North Face and Oscar De La Renta. The founders, Emily and Ryan, bring a mix of business and technology experience including 2 startups and a successful exit.
We are honored to be named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups of 2022. To build the list, The Information selected 50 companies that have the potential to be the most valuable businesses in their categories based on their current revenue, business model, and growth prospects.
The team is currently remote-first with hub offices in NY and LA and optional in-person work for those located in either of those two cities. Occasional travel expected.
We consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re building but don't meet some of the criteria above, please don’t let that discourage you from applying. Please note, we are unable to accept applications from candidates outside of the US at this time.