Customer Experience Engineer
United States /
Join Archive in our mission to change consumer behavior for the better. If you think humans buy too much stuff and throw too much away, then this problem is for you. We’re starting with fashion and expanding from there.
Archive is building an ‘operating system for resale’ that delivers a customized online secondhand marketplace site and the underlying infrastructure and operations to plug into all of the other facets of a brand’s global resale strategy.
About The Role
- You will be responsible for diving into technical issues and bugs, identifying root causes, coding robust solutions, and applying defensive learnings across our entire platform
- You will gain an intimate knowledge of our entire codebase - working with and seeing every nook and cranny of our code, up and down the stack
- You will become a resident expert in all of our business critical workflows and third-party integrations, such as our payment processing solution (Stripe), our shipping vendors (Shippo), our warehouse logistics software (WMS), and more
- You will work directly with our Customer Experience, Product, and Engineering teams to create tools and best practices to enable seamless issue escalation, diagnosis, and resolution
- You love being an investigator, you will leave no stone unturned when trying to solve a problem
- You have a growth mindset — curious, eager to learn, and never afraid of asking questions
- You enjoy solving many small problems per day or are looking for a stepping stone towards become a Software Engineer
- You are a first principles thinker that can work with others to come up with pragmatic solutions — and then evolve and generalize them.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- You are mission driven and love the fact that the better we do as a company.
Skills / Experience
- 2+ years experience as a Software or Support Engineer
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience setting up and maintaining end-to-end integration and unit tests
- Bonus: Experience with Apollo Client / GraphQL
- Bonus: Experience in eCommerce, marketplace or multi-tenant platform development
- Frontend: Next.js + React + Redux + Apollo Client (Typescript), Firebase Auth
- Backend: NodeJS (Typescript), Hasura GraphQL Engine, Python, Dagster
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Vercel, Render, Google Cloud
- Collaboration: Github, Linear, Notion, Slack
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $130,000. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) such as role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible for equity as well.
Archive is a Series A startup backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed and Bain Capital. We’re a fast growing team, working with over 30 brands including The North Face and Oscar De La Renta. The founders, Emily and Ryan, bring a mix of business and technology experience including 2 startups and a successful exit.
We are honored to be named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups of 2022. To build the list, The Information selected 50 companies that have the potential to be the most valuable businesses in their categories based on their current revenue, business model, and growth prospects.
The team is currently remote-first with hub offices in NY and LA and optional in-person work for those located in either of those two cities. Occasional travel expected.
We consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re building but don't meet some of the criteria above, please don’t let that discourage you from applying. Please note, we are unable to accept applications from candidates outside of the US at this time.