Sr. Staff Accountant
Denver, CO /
At Arturo, we “Decide with Intelligence.” Arturo’s artificial intelligence (AI) models help insurance carriers make smarter decisions throughout the policy lifecycle, from the property level to the portfolio level.
Our origin as a company developed inside of American Family Insurance sets us apart. We know the business like the back of our hand—because we were once part of it. Today, Arturo continues to build solutions with customer success in mind. We empower companies with critical property insights to make the most innovative and best decisions for their business and clients. Arturo delivers on-demand property data utilizing multi-source imagery via a configurable API, enabling a better risk assessment and impactful ROI for our customers.
Arturo consistently adapts to an ever-changing professional landscape. We support our employees by providing a remote-first flexible work schedule, competitive benefits, home office allowance, and operate an unlimited flexible leave policy.
We are a start-up culture in every sense of the word…we hold a high bar, we lead with empathy, we expect creativity, operate with accountability, and strive for excellence in execution. We also have a lot of fun.
Location: While we continue to operate as a remote-first organization, as a means to build community and enhance the opportunity for in-person engagements, preference is for employees located within the Denver Tech Region (Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs).
Position Overview: Arturo is looking for a Senior Accountant as we build the finance and accounting function to support a rapidly growing InsurTech start-up in the fast-paced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning space. You will initially report directly to the CFO but once settled in, you can expect a high degree of autonomy, to get the job done and run your projects. As we grow, there will be ample opportunity for you to grow with us, develop your skillset and help build the finance and accounting team around you.
What you will do:
- Managing all aspects of day-to-day Accounting operations, including but not limited to managing A/P, cash management, prepaids, overseeing general ledger activities, and supervising Accounting staff.
- Supporting the CFO on several strategy-focused projects.
- Creating and maintaining in-depth P&L and Balance Sheet analytics, and working closely with the CFO to effectively report results.
- Execute daily and monthly functions to support the team in accurately processing accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls.
- Assist the CFO with FP&A with long-range planning, and the annual budgeting process.
- Identifying opportunities to develop and implement key financial controls to improve efficiency and support scalability.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and an academic track record that demonstrates a high proficiency the numerical subjects.
- CPA would be ideal, but not required.
- 5+ Years' Accounting experience, preferably with experience within the Software or Technology sector.
- Highly proficient in Excel along with strong analytical skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks or Xero.
- Attention to detail and a high desire for accuracy.
- You enjoy solving problems that initially seem impossible
- You relish working alongside passionate, respectful, and intelligent teammates
- You value being challenged by those around you to achieve great things
- You take pride in your work and want to see results provide tangible value
- You want to create the most sophisticated and accurate products in the InsureTech space
- Fortune 500 customers will use the outputs of our models to power their business and make decisions
$100,000 - $120,000 a year
Arturo for ALL
We are committed to building a culture as unique as the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We promise never to settle when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As the world changes and evolves, we will always listen, learn and do.
Arturo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
By applying for this position, your data will be processed as per Arturo Privacy Notice for Job Applicants