United States /
Search Engine Optimization /
Assembly is part of Stagwell, the challenger network built to transform marketing, and we pride ourselves on being the modern alternative to the status quo. Assembly’s mission is to find the change that fuels growth through a unique Assembly of data, talent and tech that drives business growth. Assembly is the global omnichannel media agency that not only guarantees performance but delivers media + business, technology, and data consulting solutions to the biggest brands on the planet. Our work is powered by our proprietary, in-house technology solution, STAGE, and led by our global talent base of over 1,600 people.
ICYMI: Assembly was named Ad Age’s first-ever Purpose-Led Agency of the Year atop the 2022 Ad Age A-List!
Assembly’s US team is looking for a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategist with client-facing experience and a strong background in SEO tech, content, and strategy. As an experienced leader, you’ll act as the day-to-day client contact and execute on weekly deliverables for a range of accounts.
- Own day-to-day interactions with SEO clients
- Manage client program workflow, including fixed deliverables and ad-hoc projects
- Create and execute SEO strategies in line with business objectives
- Build and maintain strong client relationships to act as the main SEO point of contact for the client, respond to all requests and inquiries, attend or lead presentations at meetings
- Work closely with client’s development agency or internal team to prioritize key optimizations and advise on SEO technical best practices
- Analyze reports and turn them into actionable insights
- Undertake strategic research initiatives and provide insight into topical and keyword trends, and identify client gaps
- Formulate ideas for on-page content, articles and blogs suitable to a client’s needs
- Educate yourself and clients on latest developments in organic search and convey potential business impacts
- Coach and mentor junior SEO team members
- 2+ years SEO exposure in an in-house role or an agency developing and executing optimization plans
- Experience executing keyword research, page optimization & site technical audits
- Experience in e-commerce SEO, copywriting, content strategy development or link building
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a strong communicator with a good ability to explain and deliver SEO insight and recommendations to non-SEO experts
- Strong attention to detail, organization and deadlines
- Highly data-driven, with experience in tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Data Studio, ScreamingFrog and GetSTAT
- A passion for SEO with up-to-date industry knowledge/latest trends – algorithm and structural updates, and their impact(s)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- We’re truly a people-first organization. That’s why we offer a Flexible Time Off policy that puts you in control of your work-life balance, as well as market-leading primary and secondary caregiver and parental leave policies.
- We care deeply about social and environmental Impact – we have dedicated Impact Champions who collaborate with our in-house Impact team to help leave the world better than we found it.
- We have amazing Employee Resource Groups who form close knit communities and are committed to guiding the agency to become more inclusive, diverse, and representative of the world around us.
- We’re part of Stagwell, the challenger network built to transform marketing. We’re nimble, digital-first, and quickly growing to take on the biggest legacy hold cos.
At Assembly, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Assembly is an advocate for equal opportunity in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.