Backend Developer (Node.js)
Engineering – Engineering /
We're looking for a Node backend developer to help us build and scale while maintaining reliability. You'll have a pivotal role as our backend is the hub for a growing suite of clients (web, TV platforms, browser extension, digital frames, and more). You'll have ample opportunity to make an impact!
- Work with our other developers to build new features and maintain existing ones.
- Integrate with other platforms.
- Help re-architect parts of our backend creating a micro-service architecture.
- Help build out other tools core to our product (image and audio rendering).
- Create and maintain internal tools for the team.
- Write tests and document features.
- Regularly explore new libraries, tools, and technologies to improve the platform.
- Strong experience as a Node backend or full-stack developer. We'd like to see experience working on several large-scale APIs. However, there's no strict experience requirement; we’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and ready to dive into the challenge of creating an entirely new art form.
- Good communication skills (in your code and on Discord).
- Bonus: interest and familiarity with cryptocurrency, blockchain, NFTs, and art concepts.
- Bonus: experience with image, audio, and video-rendering tools (gimp, ffmpeg).
- Remote work forever. We don’t have a physical office but we do have a VR gallery and we can often be found there or in Cryptovoxels...
- Flexible schedule with unlimited PTO. Get your work done and go recharge.
- Semi-annual team get-togethers in cool locations around the world.
- The satisfaction of helping artists make and sell beautiful things to a vibrant community of art collectors.
What is Async Art?
Build the future of art.
Disrupt the art world with us! We're a 100% remote team that's changing the future of art through dynamic, interactive NFTs.
With us, you'll build art experiences that have never before been possible. Unlike other NFT platforms whose art pieces are static, our platform allows users to create, collect, and trade NFTs whose appearance (and sound!) can be changed by the partial owners of those pieces.
We launched in February 2020 and have seen $11.4M+ in bidding and $4.3M+ in sales.